Crowdfunding - Cynthia Lynn Smith | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crowdfunding - Cynthia Lynn Smith

Dresden

Hope no one on here was duped by this woman. If so, you might want to contact the Halton Police.

Fraud aside, I detest the concept of crowdfunding as I've expressed many times before. Whatever happened to sleeping on a park bench and begging for a quarter... atleast you would build some character in the process.

cynthialynnsmith.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Halton Regional Police have arrested and charged a Burlington woman with fraud after fundraising efforts to treat a faked case of a rare disease.According to police, the woman told friends that she was suffering from Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy, a rare neurological disease.

The woman allegedly acted out several of the symptoms for family and friends, eliciting assistance in creating a charity in her name. The charity, ostensibly a fund for experimental treatment in the U.S., in combination with a “GoFundMe” page and local donations, ultimately raised over $100,000 on the woman’s behalf.

The woman’s arrest is the result of police investigation beginning in March. Police said that they were initially alerted to the matter by a local reporter. The reporter is said to have developed concerns regarding the legitimacy of the charity while writing a story on the woman.

Detective Sergeant Troy Izlakar of the Halton Police Regional Fraud Unit said that police investigation has demonstrated that the woman acted on her own volition in fabricating her illness, exploiting “the unsuspecting assistance of her family and friends and the generosity of the public”.

39-year-old Cynthia Lynn Smith has been arrested and charged with defrauding the public of over $5,000. Smith appeared in Milton Provincial Court on Thursday to face the charges.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...oman-facing-charges-after-faking-illness.html

I don’t understand how people keep getting duped bystrangers with a tough sob story and looking to get helped out…for instance thecouple that lost their wedding gifts because no one paid attention to the moneybox and it got stolen by someone…****! We had ours under a watchful eye and assoon as the greeting line was done we shipped it ASAP to a safe in a relative’shouse!
Now this story I can actually see as a valid Crowdfundingreceipient…
http://www.thestar.com/business/real_estate/2015/05/08/tiny-wheeled-houses-for-homeless-in-los-angeles-yes.html

She's not showing the classic chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathic symptoms. At least I'm not seeing them. People can be so gullible. The dooshe look is spot on tho.

Stupid whore....how do I get my $126000 back?

Research charities before you give them a dime. Pick one or two and do the right thing.

There will always be people who get tricked into these. Remember R1Timmay? Lol

There will always be people who get tricked into these. Remember R1Timmay? Lol

Was that the guy crowdfunding to get a bike? I wonder if he ever made it to $100 by non-family members. lol

Was that the guy crowdfunding to get a bike? I wonder if he ever made it to $100 by non-family members. lol
Way off. The guy who had a dunk tank. Ask Paulo lol

$100k = lotsa burgers

Back
Top Bottom