Honda NT700V??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda NT700V???

Morrissey

Hey all. So after 5 seasons with my Bandit, I'm starting to consider swapping it. It has been bullet proof and I aside from the Givi windscreen being noisy as hell at highway speeds, I have mostly praise for the bike. However, there are a few things I'd like to have different. So I'm toying with the idea of getting something new (to me).

I was surfing AutoTrader today and found a 2010 Honda NT700V. I remember a few years back when Honda USA brought them over (sadly Honda Canada did not follow suit) and being quite impressed with them. It ticks all the boxes that my Bandit does not.

Here's my concern though. Honda USA only brought the bike over for 2 years and not at all in Canada. I know it's going to be bullet proof (its a Honda) but when it does eventually need parts, how tough will it be to get them? I know the bike is a good seller in Europe, but don't want to have to order parts from there! Would a Canadian dealership be able to get parts?

I think they brought them in last year. I distinctly remember an acquaintance mentioning he bought one brand new from a dealer last year. If that's the case parts won't be a problem.

I've never seen that bike in Canada.

That is one bike I would consider in between the Burgman 650 and the 650 Vstrom.

Intermediate sport tourer and reasonable weight for the class at 570 lb with the emphasis on the touring end.

2010-honda-NT700V-5.jpg

easy 100,000 mile bike

Shaft drive - Honda reliable...decent gas mileage....what's not to like.

This is the bike I would consider when downsizing from the ST1100. V-twin, shaft drive, decent storage for shorter tours and Honda dependability. Not sure what parts might be needed that would be difficult to find. I'm sure the brake pads are used on another Hondas in the Canadian line-up, as would be other things that would normally wear out.

I saw one on the Hully Gully sales floor a couple years ago and really liked the size and weight compared to my ST. Just not ready to downsize at the moment.

It isn't listed on the Honda Canada site but if you Google you might find a forum that would give advice on the availability of parts in North America.

Adder:

Did some reading and it isn't available in the US either any more. I get the impression it is a practical bike for its design purpose but doesn't have anything in the way of charisma.

Last edited:
So I contacted the seller and they replied by telling me they have decided to hang onto the bike for at least one more season and were just about to take down the ad when I messaged them. They did pass along some info though. The bike was imported from the US with minimal red tape. Dealerships here have no part numbers on file for anything that isn't generic parts like break pads etc. The bike's engine is used in other bikes overseas, but nothing on this side of the pond. There is a guy in the states who can source the larger lids for the panniers which adds a lot more space to them, but he orders them in bulk once a year, so if he runs out, you have to wait another year to get them.

C'est la vie. I really like the bike and think it would be a bike I'd stay happy with for many many years, but I guess I'll have to hope Honda Canada brings them here. I can't understand why we get both NC750 models and not the NT700V. I have yet to see an NC750 outside of a bike show or dealer showroom.

90 NT700Vs listed for sale in the USA on cycletrader.com. Have you considered importing one yourself?

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I'm not comfortable with importing a bike or buying a bike that I can't see/inspect in person. I'm not about to hop a plane just to go see a bike either. It will have to remain a dream for now. :(

I'm not comfortable with importing a bike or buying a bike that I can't see/inspect in person. I'm not about to hop a plane just to go see a bike either. It will have to remain a dream for now. :(

Fyi, there are two NT700Vs on kijiji listed under GTA. I bought mine in LA and got shipped earlier this year and got it shipped to Buffalo where i picked it up.

I doubt you would enjoy it. I had one for a few months and while it was "okay" ...I'm quite thrilled I discovered the CBF1000 ...a real gem.

I put on 10,000 km between mid Sept and the end of 2015.

Screen20Shot202015-10-1220at20Oct2012202020202015202020206.44.0620PM_zpsigb5yhd8.jpg

Comfie tourer with good storage to lean sub 500 lb sport tourer.

honda-cbf1000-2009-8.jpg

You will not be disappointed. Superb brakes dual link Honda ABS and lovely smooth torque curve.

Back
Top Bottom