Rider killed, passenger in life threatening condition...05/07/2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider killed, passenger in life threatening condition...05/07/2015

Condolences to friends and family.

image.jpg

One person killed after motorcycle crashes into pole in Cabbagetown
Fatal crash
A motorcycle involved in a fatal crash on Rosedale Valley Road is shown on Thursday morning.

Chris Fox , CP24.com
Published Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:16AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:43AM EDT

One person was pronounced dead and another was taken to hospital with serious injuries after a motorcycle crashed into a pole in Cabbagetown early Thursday morning.
It happened on Rosedale Valley Road near Bayview Avenue at around 1 a.m.
Rosedale Valley Road is closed between Park Road and Bayview Avenue as police investigate.

EDIT
680news is reporting 28yo rider, 20 yo passenger. Rider had M1 (no passenger/no riding at night). High rate of speed.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to their families and loved ones. I really hope she pulls through and survives.
I wonder what caused the accident

RIP rider andGWS to the passenger.

city just reported rider had M1 license...

This isnt the first time it has happened. Honestly, I am here every time I go out. How fast must he have been going? Its such an easy (non technical road) unless you are going over 100kph

I will reserve comments/judgements for another part of the forum as this sub forum is ONLY for condolences etc.

RIP Rider.
GWS passenger

This isnt the first time it has happened. Honestly, I am here every time I go out. How fast must he have been going? Its such an easy (non technical road) unless you are going over 100kph

Not easy if you are a M1 licence riding at night with speed and a passenger on the back!

It is always a shame.

RIP

GWS passenger.

Poor, unfortunate passenger - what a nightmare!
I don't know the pilot but he's done a terrible thing...
RIP

GWS to the passenger...riders should always be VERY mindful that they are carrying the life of their passenger in their hands. One thing to crash in a single vehicle accident, another to hit another car, and yet another to have someone on the back going through the same thing.

Just another reason why I don't 2up

R.I.P.
Regardless if it was a moment of madness, or a calculated exit, no one deserves to go like this. My thoughts and prayers are with both families.

I hope the passenger pulls through.
Hopefully this is a good enough example for the young, wild, & free of this site to slow down, take time, and to ride within your limits.

Back
Top Bottom