changes to riding pants. | GTAMotorcycle.com

changes to riding pants.

jordanalicia

Hi all! Very new here. I dont even have a bike yet but i am taking lessons in a couple of months, slowly collecting my gear until then. I ordered some pants online, firstgear mesh-text pants. I have to get them taken in at the waist... But they are too short! What should i do besides return them? What can i add to the bottom to make them longer? Also thought about just getting taller boots but i would rather my pants be longer anyways.

Jordan.

Why not just exchange them? Most online places are happy to do it. It might cost you a few bucks, but surely it's a better alternative than trying to modify a pair

Because i will have to pay to ship them back and then pay to get the new pair shipped again. I just read somewhere that a guy who is really tall adds cuffs to all his pants... Wondering what material to use etc.

Because i will have to pay to ship them back and then pay to get the new pair shipped again. I just read somewhere that a guy who is really tall adds cuffs to all his pants... Wondering what material to use etc.
That's the risk of buying online you take. I'd suck it up and go buy locally. Places like GP bikes will give discounts when you buy multiple items. I got like 10 or 15 percent when I got pants, gloves and jacket from them years ago. Just ask. I think they even have these coupons in their printed catalogue.

This way you can try on gear that will fit properly. Ie armour line up correctly
Why not just exchange them? Most online places are happy to do it. It might cost you a few bucks, but surely it's a better alternative than trying to modify a pair

You can try to sell on Kijiji and use the money to buy something that fits - compare with shipping costs

Or tuck your pants into your boots.

Where do you live? How much do you want to extend your pants? How much do you need to take in the waist? Does the waistband to crotch fit? Do the pants generally fit?

Ideally you should return the pants and get something that fits. A repair to new pants will never look as good. You will need to spend money to get these pants to your dimensions, but it can be done.

Motorcycle gear is usually complex to repair. They usually have multiple layers: outer, inner liner, pockets, zippers, velcro, and places to hold armour in place. You're not talking about something simple like a pair of jeans.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom