Simcoe Forest - Hendrie Tract | GTAMotorcycle.com

Simcoe Forest - Hendrie Tract

Chasem

Okay so I followed the entry point as provided by a person from SCORRA, and the entire track took about 15 minutes to get around... ?

Not to mention I must of picked the absolute best day... Tons of people walking their dogs on the trails! (Maybe I was lost)

2 hours of side roads to get in the area, 15 minutes of adventure *sigh* I did ask several people about the OFTR trail and they only knew about the snowmobile trail.

I should just follow other peoples trails............. :lmao:

I was up there last week.
There are little single track runs off of the main fire/logging trails. They can be hard to see. Just marked with a little ribbon or a card sized sign. Easily missed if you are flying down the double track.

If it only took you 15 mins to do all the single track there you should race in the pro's. Lol.

Seriously though, there is a bunch more than that. I would advise to support SCORRA and you'll get access to the best maps.

If it only took you 15 mins to do all the single track there you should race in the pro's. Lol.

Seriously though, there is a bunch more than that. I would advise to support SCORRA and you'll get access to the best maps.

Haha... I guess I just did a loop of the double track. I didn't realize it's mostly single track... I'm looking for double track +

With my current skill level, single track feels very confined.

Haha... I guess I just did a loop of the double track. I didn't realize it's mostly single track... I'm looking for double track +

Completely understandable, but single track is the best place to learn skill. Start slow, practice being smooth/flowing, speed will come later. Gently ride the rear brake to stabilize through corners.

Oh damn. Yeah I just assumed you were looking for single track. That's my main point of focus.

Well my last thing still stands. There are a bunch of these tracts of land that we can ride in. If you had the map you could put a nice day together going through each one on just double track.

Oh damn. Yeah I just assumed you were looking for single track. That's my main point of focus.

Well my last thing still stands. There are a bunch of these tracts of land that we can ride in. If you had the map you could put a nice day together going through each one on just double track.

It would be great if we had a nice compiled list of GPS tracks that are specifically for dual sporting in the GTA region (within a few hours ride)

Maybe it's just me, but I find it incredibly hard to locate places to ride my dual sport.

Simcoe Forest (which seems like a lot of single track), Ganaraska that has a mixture, and routes out past Algonquin park.

Like for example you could put in your location, and it would spit out different trips/adventures close by. Maybe this already exists?

Between www.odsc.on.ca, advrider.com and my dirt riding friends, I have so many routes for riding around the GTA; mostly things like:
1- Bethany big bike and proper routes
2- terra nova from angus all the way around to collingwood
3- Bancroft area
4- algonquin area
5- some simcoe forest routes / tracks
6- the Hockley valley area all the way north to Creemore

I prefer to ride bigger trails and I'm not crazy about sand so single track ganaraska stuff is never my first choice. I see you've got a 690 - it's perfect for the type of riding most of us do.

And I'm not aware of any magical location based app. I find it best to mooch off my friends who have more offroad riding experience than I do :)

It would be great if we had a nice compiled list of GPS tracks that are specifically for dual sporting in the GTA region (within a few hours ride)

Maybe it's just me, but I find it incredibly hard to locate places to ride my dual sport.

Simcoe Forest (which seems like a lot of single track), Ganaraska that has a mixture, and routes out past Algonquin park.

Like for example you could put in your location, and it would spit out different trips/adventures close by. Maybe this already exists?

Personally I don't understand what most people think of as dual sport. To me it's a dirt bike that isn't too bad on the road, but to others it's a road bike with "aggressive " tires.

I think what you're looking for would be ONTARIO back roads maps.

http://backroadmapbooks.com/GPS/Ontario-GPS-Maps.html

And I'm not aware of any magical location based app. I find it best to mooch off my friends who have more offroad riding experience than I do :)

Perhaps I should do the same.... So want to be friends? Haha :cool:

Yes - the Ontario back roads map on the gps is very good. Shoot me an email and I can add you to a riding whatsapp group of guys. I'm at alongat.gat at gmail dot com

Haha, yes - these are confusing times when trying to really understand "dual sporting". I think to me it does mean a dirt bike capable of highway riding if and when necessary. The whole big bike with knobbly tires thing is a waste of time for anything gnarlier than a dirt or gravel road. Of course, now I'm at risk of being proven wrong with a million YouTube videos of guys riding their Panagalis with knobbies off-road...whatever...

Yeah - dual sport in Australia means barely legal to get to the single track area.

Here it means a 1200 behemoth....

I think the dual sport should be limited to at most a KLR650 on the heavy end and leave the Vstroms and other twins as "adventure bikes".

Your KTM OP certainly falls into that dual sport definition.
Australia has a much wider range of bikes that are road legal and also conversion is not an issue.
Single seat insurance...$267 per year and no tax on buying a used bike.
Wish Ontario would take note.

OP - sounds like a Pennsylvania ride would be a lot of fun for you.

Yeah - dual sport in Australia means barely legal to get to the single track area.

Here it means a 1200 behemoth....

I think the dual sport should be limited to at most a KLR650 on the heavy end and leave the Vstroms and other twins as "adventure bikes".

Your KTM OP certainly falls into that dual sport definition.
Australia has a much wider range of bikes that are road legal and also conversion is not an issue.
Single seat insurance...$267 per year and no tax on buying a used bike.
Wish Ontario would take note.

OP - sounds like a Pennsylvania ride would be a lot of fun for you.

I would love to do some Pennsylvania rides... Right now distance is a little bit of an issue, due to seat issues and fuel range. I'm getting bad fuel anxiety seeing the light pop on at 160KM. Based upon some other recommendations I'm probably going to start carrying some MSR bottles or something.

I would say dual sporting simply means on and off road... If you have the skill to ride your 1200 GSA or whatever down a single/dual track ... By all means call it a dual sport ;)

Saw some V-Stroms going up hills that are hard to WALK up... let alone ride up yesterday. I do believe V-stroms can fly now......... :lmao:

Saw some V-Stroms going up hills that are hard to WALK up... let alone ride up yesterday. I do believe V-stroms can fly now......... :lmao:

Granted, I didn't think I would make it up that hill... but considering I was leading the ride I had to at least try.

Granted, I didn't think I would make it up that hill... but considering I was leading the ride I had to at least try.

After you made it up with the V-Strom I was getting a little anxious....
"Holy crap he made it up that with a Strom......... If I don't make it up with a dirt bike i'm going to look like a tool" :lmao:

I think the motorcycles we are all talking about have far more capability then we give credit for.

Back
Top Bottom