TMP May Long Weekend | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TMP May Long Weekend

image.png

hahahaha

Never been to TMP or to a track day. I wanted to do my first track day this year end of june or mid july. I was thinking driving cage down to TMP in a hour or so (740am right now) to check out what the track looks like and just see what the overall experience is like. Its a hour drive for me. Do you guys thinks its worth it to go check it out and spectate ?

Never been to TMP or to a track day. I wanted to do my first track day this year end of june or mid july. I was thinking driving cage down to TMP in a hour or so (740am right now) to check out what the track looks like and just see what the overall experience is like. Its a hour drive for me. Do you guys thinks its worth it to go check it out and spectate ?

Yes. Go and see what's going on. Get an idea of the layout, of both the track and the paddock. Familiarize yourself with the procedures of how the groups works. Talk to some people.

It'll be a nice relaxing day. The day you go to your first track day won't be so intimidating. You could also take one of the intro to track courses.

Yes. Go and see what's going on. Get an idea of the layout, of both the track and the paddock. Familiarize yourself with the procedures of how the groups works. Talk to some people.

It'll be a nice relaxing day. The day you go to your first track day won't be so intimidating. You could also take one of the intro to track courses.

Yes i was thinking taking intro to track week before my first track day. Thanks for the heads up im heading down there in the next 45min

Do the intro to track day, you'll really enjoy it.
I did it yesterday & loved it, but my 52 year old knees & legs can hardly move today lol.
Seriously 2.5-3hrs track time with only the 5 of us on the course on track for that entire time, you cant beat that & the instructors are a great set of guys, willing to help you.
Tech inspection is thorough & make sure you don't have antifreeze in the bike.

Yes i was thinking taking intro to track week before my first track day. Thanks for the heads up im heading down there in the next 45min

Do the intro to track day, you'll really enjoy it.
I did it yesterday & loved it, but my 52 year old knees & legs can hardly move today lol.
Seriously 2.5-3hrs track time with only the 5 of us on the course on track for that entire time, you cant beat that & the instructors are a great set of guys, willing to help you.
Tech inspection is thorough & make sure you don't have antifreeze in the bike.

If you are new to track you should definitely take the Intro to Track course if you have your own bike to use or the Racer5 course if you want to use theirs. It will help familiarize you with how trackdays work and what it feels like. I was there with Smudger yesterday and had a great time. Very few people drop their bikes on these intro to track days unless you really try to push it like I did. I was the only one to lowside and run off the track lol. It was still a great time as I kept riding afterwards.

Just got back from TMP. Great drive down and great weather all day. I took in all the information i could. I also took some video footage and photos. Whats the rules on GTAM on posting photos of other riders?

I just figured people had common sense.

Common sense in this case is that all riders have to focus on RIDING, not on being on camera.

Riders paying too much attention to the camera and not enough on their riding tend to make moves that other riders (everyone else) are not expecting, and this can cause MAJOR problems.

Common sense in this case is that all riders have to focus on RIDING, not on being on camera.

Riders paying too much attention to the camera and not enough on their riding tend to make moves that other riders (everyone else) are not expecting, and this can cause MAJOR problems.
I wasnt there specifically filming any riders but I hope that the riders are more focused on the track then a random guy off the pitwall

Last edited:
I wasnt there specifically filming any riders but I hope that the riders are more focused on the track then a random guy off the pitwall
Brian was talking about other riders filming riders when they are both on the track. I've never seen an issue with people filming from the pit wall other than the occasional wheelie it causes.

You can post up the pics and vids you took, if someone has an issue with one they'll ask you to take it down, no worries.

Oh my bad. And ya i can see how that can mess with other riders considering today at some points there was 5-6 riders bunched up. I was wondering if this occurs can you pull off into the pit then wait till they pass and then reenter the track after a gap passes?

Oh my bad. And ya i can see how that can mess with other riders considering today at some points there was 5-6 riders bunched up. I was wondering if this occurs can you pull off into the pit then wait till they pass and then reenter the track after a gap passes?
That's EXACTLY what you're supposed to do :)

Pics/video from pit wall or trackside aren't an issue. I don't pay attention to photographers.

There was a track-day incident at Mosport some time ago where on the back straightaway, instead of riding WIDE OPEN THROTTLE and aiming STRAIGHT for the next turn-in point as you are expected to do there, riders were slowing down and juggling position, evidently in order to be on each other's on-board cameras. The problem there is that when you cross the crest approaching corner 8, you are no longer visible to Superbike riders approaching that same crest from behind at top speed (300+ km/h). By the time those riders cross that crest, they are already at max braking and are already aimed where they need to be to go into corner 8. If you, the camera-position-juggling rider, are puttering along slowly and erratically wandering about on the track, the options of that 300 km/h Superbike rider who is already at max braking become VERY limited in terms of trying to avoid said erratic slowpokes.

My Fizzer will only do 200 km/h there, but it will be doing all of that 200 km/h, and it will not be doing any braking for corner 8 (Just a roll-off and a quick downshift ...) and it will be somewhere near the correct line. Still a large speed difference to a Superbike approaching from behind, but it's predictable ...

Pics/video from pit wall or trackside aren't an issue. I don't pay attention to photographers.

There was a track-day incident at Mosport some time ago where on the back straightaway, instead of riding WIDE OPEN THROTTLE and aiming STRAIGHT for the next turn-in point as you are expected to do there, riders were slowing down and juggling position, evidently in order to be on each other's on-board cameras. The problem there is that when you cross the crest approaching corner 8, you are no longer visible to Superbike riders approaching that same crest from behind at top speed (300+ km/h). By the time those riders cross that crest, they are already at max braking and are already aimed where they need to be to go into corner 8. If you, the camera-position-juggling rider, are puttering along slowly and erratically wandering about on the track, the options of that 300 km/h Superbike rider who is already at max braking become VERY limited in terms of trying to avoid said erratic slowpokes.

My Fizzer will only do 200 km/h there, but it will be doing all of that 200 km/h, and it will not be doing any braking for corner 8 (Just a roll-off and a quick downshift ...) and it will be somewhere near the correct line. Still a large speed difference to a Superbike approaching from behind, but it's predictable ...
I can see why that's a problem. That back striaght looks insanely fast.

I can see why that's a problem. That back striaght looks insanely fast.

Sorry for the thread jack. Hey Vlocka, nice to see you back and trying new things. What are you riding these days? Did you sell the cbr?

Sorry for the thread jack. Hey Vlocka, nice to see you back and trying new things. What are you riding these days? Did you sell the cbr?
Hey man long time no see. Yup sold the cbr last season. Actually picking up a sv650s in the next upcoming weeks is the plan. How your riding season going so far. Thanks again for helping me out back then.

Great time at TMP thanks to all those that was friendly and helpful.

Back
Top Bottom