TMP May Long Weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

TMP May Long Weekend

architect

Site Supporter
Anyone doing 16th and/or 17th? I'm may be doing both to get more mileage out of my 2.5 hour drive there. I'm a new rider and will be on a 2009 ZX6.

I'll be there on the 16th for the "Intro to Track Day" which runs a little later in the day - mid afternoon to 8pm ish I believe.

I wish I wasn't on call for work, or I'd go one of the days. Looks like I'll be shooting for the June 6th date.

Sup guys. It's a 2 hour drive for me so when I go I usually stay in a motel near the track so I get plenty of sleeping before riding in the morning. If anyone wants to split a room with me this Friday that would be cool. We could stay the Sunday as well if everything goes well.

I also have 4 Gopros and I'm looking for a riding partner who can film me closely from behind and I can return the favour and share the footage later as well. Multiple gopros enable multiple recording views. Likewise we could put cameras on the back of the bikes and the rider behind would also get filmed.

Let me know if anyone is interested. My bike is still in the garage and making the trip is contingent on a uhaul trailer being available for rent. I live in Aurora so if anyone is able to drive me and haul my bike too I would be willing to throw in generous gas money.

THanks

Sup guys. It's a 2 hour drive for me so when I go I usually stay in a motel near the track so I get plenty of sleeping before riding in the morning. If anyone wants to split a room with me this Friday that would be cool. We could stay the Sunday as well if everything goes well.

I also have 4 Gopros and I'm looking for a riding partner who can film me closely from behind and I can return the favour and share the footage later as well. Multiple gopros enable multiple recording views. Likewise we could put cameras on the back of the bikes and the rider behind would also get filmed.

Let me know if anyone is interested. My bike is still in the garage and making the trip is contingent on a uhaul trailer being available for rent. I live in Aurora so if anyone is able to drive me and haul my bike too I would be willing to throw in generous gas money.

THanks

I hope you're not in red group.

I think the concern is two strangers trying to keep together. In any group this is especially scary when you've got a "duo" out there. They are concerned with staying together, and the rest of the pack has to deal with them.

My opinion it's not really fair, unless you are coaching as part of a track day AND wearing an identifier. We really don't expect to have this on track.

I've split "buddies" before, and the result was not pretty. One guy tried hard to get back around me (he was filming) and managed to record a spectacular crash when he came too hot into a corner. Had he not been on a different agenda I think he would have been able to negotiate that corner a bit better.

Last edited:
I think the concern is two strangers trying to keep together. In any group this is especially scary when you've got a "duo" out there. They are concerned with staying together, and the rest of the pack has to deal with them.

My opinion it's not really fair, unless you are coaching as part of a track day AND wearing an identifier. We really don't expect to have this on track.

I've split "buddies" before, and the result was not pretty. One guy tried hard to get back around me (he was filming) and managed to record a spectacular crash when he came too hot into a corner. Had he not been on a different agenda I think he would have been able to negotiate that corner a bit better.

Thank you. See you at CTMP next week.

I just figured people had common sense. If you can't keep up with your buddy don't over ride your skill level and let him go. It's two bikes riding in close proximity, regardless of whether they know each other it happens all the time anyway. It's no different than following closely behind a slower rider.

Anything can go wrong if no one has common sense. The faster rider just has to ride a bit slower, not the slower rider trying to keep up. It seemed simple to me

I saw some nasty pictures of porto-potties on Facebook. Not sure if it's true, but it was certainly believable!

Yep, believe it, the washrooms were closed last weekend at the vintage track day (May 9th) & some bright orange porta potties were there to use.
I was hoping it was just a tempoarary thing for last weekend, but maybe not

Hey Guys,

I was there yesterday and the facility "Washrooms" are OUT OF SERVICE.

The "shitter-Potties" were full of **** as DoozerDave stated... They eventually got taken care of..

Back
Top Bottom