Sideswiped by Van @ 75MPH | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sideswiped by Van @ 75MPH

DAMN! Now that would be pretty scary!

But... This was in Texas... No Guns were used?:lmao:

And he keeps riding. Wouldnt have been funny if after surviving as gracefully as he did he died because he didnt stop and his rear locked up due to a bent rotor or something.

He needed to stop. He might have been called in for a hit and run if the van decided to call the cops due to damage on the door or something. He wouldnt have known that the rider had a video.

Some people get on and immediately head for the left lane until their exit comes up.

It doesn't matter how fast they or the rest of traffic are going. Many motorcyclists are like that.

Incident is around the one minute mark.

And he keeps riding. Wouldnt have been funny if after surviving as gracefully as he did he died because he didnt stop and his rear locked up due to a bent rotor or something.

Van driver is 200% retard, but that accident was completely avoidable if the Rider slowed down after the van made that abrupt (no signal) lane change from the left to the middle. I try and make sure I'm never in someone's blind spot when traffic is moving.

Rider got real lucky; could have ended a lot worse for him. :s

how come he didn't stop?! that would have been the first thing i did after i cleaned up my underwear from all that poo that just came out.

He says in the comments on YouTube why he didn't stop. Must say the guy has balls of steel. I would have stopped just to ward off my imminent heart attack. Lol

He says in the comments on YouTube why he didn't stop. Must say the guy has balls of steel. I would have stopped just to ward off my imminent heart attack. Lol

Yeah he states in the comments: "...do you know how many collisions happen in Texas every day? Doesn't matter to me how many others have collisions. Things worked out pretty well for the rider, but I would have filed a report. Since the rider had video evidence, the van driver may be charged for the collision. By not reporting the incident no additional consequences to the driver! My life has value!!!

?
Yeah he states in the comments: "...do you know how many collisions happen in Texas every day? Doesn't matter to me how many others have collisions. Things worked out pretty well for the rider, but I would have filed a report. Since the rider had video evidence, the van driver may be charged for the collision. By not reporting the incident no additional consequences to the driver! My life has value!!!

Totally agree, I was just saying for the couple guys that asked why he didn't stop. I agree, no consequences for the van loser.

Van driver is 200% retard, but that accident was completely avoidable if the Rider slowed down after the van made that abrupt (no signal) lane change from the left to the middle. I try and make sure I'm never in someone's blind spot when traffic is moving.

Rider got real lucky; could have ended a lot worse for him. :s

I have to completely disagree with you. You don't know if there was a car behind the bike, hitting the brakes would have resulted in the bike being rear end. We avoid enough idiots on the roads everyday. Lets stop blaming the riders; even when the rider is clearly not at fault.

I have to completely disagree with you. You don't know if there was a car behind the bike, hitting the brakes would have resulted in the bike being rear end. We avoid enough idiots on the roads everyday. Lets stop blaming the riders; even when the rider is clearly not at fault.

Righteous or not it's not bad advice.

Even when I'm in my truck when someone changes lanes next to me (from two lanes over into the adjacent lane) my spidey senses start tingling and I watch them very closely.

It's happened to me a few times, someone has tried to change lanes into me from two lanes over, and I have been able to avoid them or honk at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he says in his youtube comments that he just didn't see the SUV. He was focused on a car slowing ahead of him. Had to be the one in the middle lane, which means his peripheral vision is poor. Nobody's 'blaming' the rider just reasonably asking what he did wrong that allowed a vehicle to hit him. He had about 2 seconds to react to a large vehicle drifting into his lane. Some error, no? (See caboose56 above)

Avoidable. The van is at fault. But does it matter who is at fault as they scrape your broken body off the cement jersey barrier.

The rider SHOULD have stopped. the poster that said slamming on the brakes might have him getting rear ended. I don't think anyone was suggesting he lock up the brakes, But rather indicate to the van to stop and proceed when safely to the right hand shoulder. He had video, but, (not sure about Texas law), but here in Ontario the rider could have been charged with leaving the scene of an accident if the van reported the collision.

i disagree with his comment if your going to ride a motorcycle you need to be a F ***ing road warrior. No you need to ride more defensively.

We're going to agree to disagree. I'm not blaming anyone but the van driver for being retarded.

His reaction time was way too slow. Unfortunately on a bike, that matters.

Back
Top Bottom