People who took M2 test and never ridden before..... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

People who took M2 test and never ridden before.....

It doesn't during the actual test (just the practice runs before)...but I I'm 99% sure the speed signs posted along ramps are recommended speeds. They are not the white & black speed limit signs you see on the road.

It's a known fishing zone. The 90 limit doesn't begin until you are past the sign. The sign before that is 60 I believe, which means that you were doing 40 over.

I know, I've gone up the ramp with the flow of traffic as well, but I'd be more cautious on a road test.

Well I know how to ride a bicycle and I drive a manual car. I am assuming that since I know the concept of driving manual, it will be easier for me to grasp shifting on a motorcycle. Though shifting is different since you are using your left hand and left foot to shift. Its all muscle memory anyways, right?

Well I know how to ride a bicycle and I drive a manual car. I am assuming that since I know the concept of driving manual, it will be easier for me to grasp shifting on a motorcycle. Though shifting is different since you are using your left hand and left foot to shift. Its all muscle memory anyways, right?

Yes. I drive a stick as well as ride a 10 speed bike. The transition to motorcycle was easy. One thing i needed to keep in mind was wet clutch vs dry clutch. You dont have to worry about burning your clutch on a bike. So its 'okay' to rev stupid mid range to go through some obstacle. Dont even think about doing this to a car unless you have money to throw away for a new one.

Once you know the friction zone, youll wish you could just ride out.

I took the same course a year ago. Nobody flunked out of our class.
They teach you everything you will need in order to pass, then you do lots and lots of practice drills.
Just have fun and be sure to listen to everything they tell you.
Pack water and sunscreen.

I took the same course a year ago. Nobody flunked out of our class.
They teach you everything you will need in order to pass, then you do lots and lots of practice drills.
Just have fun and be sure to listen to everything they tell you.
Pack water and sunscreen.

Will do!

...we had a lady whiskey throttle into a parking barrier. lol

I had something similar in my course, but she whiskey throttled over a curbed embankment and went airborne with the bike. It was beautiful. She wrecked 3 bikes that weekend, by the end they had her on a TTR125L. She did not pass the course.

Hi Guys,

I am going to be re-doing my M2 test at the end of August this year and I am very nervous. I had taken a course with Learning Curves several years back, and I failed the M2 on account I was going too slow. I was offered to re-take the test, but I never did. I just did not feel confident enough to do so. But yesterday I decided to give it another go and got my M1 again.

I lack the confidence, I feel like the bikes are super heavy, I am scared of falling, crashing etc which result me being too scared to look over my shoulder to do checks and to sometimes gear up or down when I am riding, and I am scared I will not be able to do all the motions fluidly enough.

I am a hopeless wreck when it comes to new things. I know I need a lot more practice than one weekend. Any suggestions? Any places that offer more than a 3 day course, or a place that offers bike time for practice?

I think I need it

Hi Guys,

I am going to be re-doing my M2 test at the end of August this year and I am very nervous. I had taken a course with Learning Curves several years back, and I failed the M2 on account I was going too slow. I was offered to re-take the test, but I never did. I just did not feel confident enough to do so. But yesterday I decided to give it another go and got my M1 again.

I lack the confidence, I feel like the bikes are super heavy, I am scared of falling, crashing etc which result me being too scared to look over my shoulder to do checks and to sometimes gear up or down when I am riding, and I am scared I will not be able to do all the motions fluidly enough.

I am a hopeless wreck when it comes to new things. I know I need a lot more practice than one weekend. Any suggestions? Any places that offer more than a 3 day course, or a place that offers bike time for practice?

I think I need it

Call Ginny @ Motorsoul.

Back
Top Bottom