R6 street handling? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

R6 street handling?

I've owned zx cbr gsx 600's and even a cbr 1000. Just picked up the r6 for double duties track and street. I've only ridden it on street so far and it is the most uncomfortable bike I have ever used. I regret getting it. I'm short BTW. Went to Niagara and my arms hands legs and *** all hurt. I'm young and in decent shape. IMO unless it's a pure track bike look at something else

Ohh man, sorry to hear that. :(

You should get some adjustable rear sets and see if you can cure your problem with them. Other than that, all I can say is when I ride on the street I focus 70% of my attention to riding the bike and paying attention to what you should be, and 30% on squeezing the tank with my legs as hard as I can, and taking all weight off my hands. I have gotten this crazy wrist problem from pulling the clutch in and braking while riding so many times... I went out last night though and made sure I was barely touching the bars and am feeling good. Except I feel like I just played hockey for the first time in 5 years in the groin region. :)

Not saying I'm a bike expert or anything but 5 seasons of riding and this bike is the most uncomfortable by far. I'll see how it does on track.

I've owned zx cbr gsx 600's and even a cbr 1000. Just picked up the r6 for double duties track and street. I've only ridden it on street so far and it is the most uncomfortable bike I have ever used. I regret getting it. I'm short BTW. Went to Niagara and my arms hands legs and *** all hurt. I'm young and in decent shape. IMO unless it's a pure track bike look at something else

Your seating position has to be all wrong... Arms and hands should never hurt. ***, yes, that happens with the brick seats on race bikes.

My 2 cents in 2 words : Torture Rack.
Just my opinion, ymmv.

I own a 2009 R6. The R6 is a fantastic machine. At high revs it's amazing. Just love hearing her scream. Even though it's long in the tooth, it still looks sharp. People need to realize though that it has low clipons and the highest seat height of the 4 Japanese SS bikes. With that rider triangle you are really dialed in like racer boy. That being said, you do get used to it. However, if you plan to do a lot of commuting I would not get the R6. Yes, it all depends on your height, torso and leg length. However, i've heard that the GSXR and the CBR rr are more comfortable for longer rides. The CBR is suppose to be the best, but at 6' ft when I sat on those bikes they felt tiny.

Your seating position has to be all wrong... Arms and hands should never hurt. ***, yes, that happens with the brick seats on race bikes.
Thought about that but why was it on all the others none of these complaints were an issue?

I find the vibration on the handles bars to be and issue granted it's not stock bar ends.

Man, at 6'2 I can't imagine you ever being comfortable on that bike or any 600cc bike for that matter. Go sit on and test ride the gsxr 750, you will completely change your mind about what you want. I love my bike and at 6'0 I couldn't find a single 600cc bike comfortable to sit on.

I own a 2009 R6. The R6 is a fantastic machine. At high revs it's amazing. Just love hearing her scream. Even though it's long in the tooth, it still looks sharp. People need to realize though that it has low clipons and the highest seat height of the 4 Japanese SS bikes. With that rider triangle you are really dialed in like racer boy. That being said, you do get used to it. However, if you plan to do a lot of commuting I would not get the R6. Yes, it all depends on your height, torso and leg length. However, i've heard that the GSXR and the CBR rr are more comfortable for longer rides. The CBR is suppose to be the best, but at 6' ft when I sat on those bikes they felt tiny.

Yeah, I felt the same way on the CBR.

Man, at 6'2 I can't imagine you ever being comfortable on that bike or any 600cc bike for that matter. Go sit on and test ride the gsxr 750, you will completely change your mind about what you want. I love my bike and at 6'0 I couldn't find a single 600cc bike comfortable to sit on.

I bet you might have found the GSX-R600 comfy.

Hey buddy. You owned every possible jap made bike. trying any european bikes soon?

Bro,
I have a gsxr750, I love it too but its the same bike with the same geometry as the gsxr600. So if the 750 is comfortable so will the 600 be. jus sayin.

Im 6 foot and so, around 200 and i own an 03. I love the comfort on it. My 2 other SV 650s were comparable. Street riding in the city on this bike is great.

Go for a decent 250-400cc street bike first. Learn your way through it & then may be if you are comfortable go for that coveted sports bike. The roads already pretty dangerous, don't make it more so with your inexperienced *** perched on a sports bike.

Pretty aggressive for a new member. OP said he was upgrading from an ER6n. Calm down Nancy.

Wow. Stop now.

Not saying I'm a bike expert or anything but 5 seasons of riding and this bike is the most uncomfortable by far. I'll see how it does on track.

one reason i hate R6, they tried to make the R6 all track focused (yet still beat by other 600).

Btw, if you're short, R6 was the poor choice. Their seat is the highest in 600s class, no padding too.

GSXR600 and 750 are the same bike....

And its the most comfortable 600SS on the market right now. Next would be the Honda. However, SS isnt meant for street/commuting.

I'm going for dual sport for street next season. Test ride one, and loved it.

Back
Top Bottom