Cedar Point Fast Pass? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cedar Point Fast Pass?

BigEvilDoer

Hey..
Couple friends are planning on going to the Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio this summer (Mid July). Haven't been in a while, and things have changed quite a bit.

I've been asked if the Fast Pass is necessary - the standard ticket is $70, Past Pass almost $150 from what I have been told. Question is, do most people use the Fast Pass? If so, that means regular tickets are useless and you will never get on any rides.

Anyone have experience on this? One guy is coming from Seattle, another from Knoxville, and several from around here. So I really want to get this sorted soon for accommodations etc.

Thanks in advance!

Get the fast pass or wait for hours, there are also only a limited #of fast passes sold so get yours early. Same deal here at wonderland, unless the day you pick isn't busy.

sent from a device using a program

We have Platinum seasons passes for all Cedar Fair parks which includes Cedar Point. During the summer it gets very, very busy. If you are going there for the day you really should get the fast lane plus not just the fast lane. I believe it costs $75 over and above the admission cost. This gives you short line access to all the good rides. As Steve mentions, there is a limited number sold so make sure you get them early. Just an example. We were there last summer for 3 days. On the last day we left around 11:00am. The park opens to regular customers at 10:00am and pass holders at 9:00am. We got in at 9:00am rode the rides without much of a line up. My son wanted to do a last ride of Millennium Force at around 11:00am. There was a 2.5 hr wait according to the sign.... The major rides are all like this. (Gate Keeper, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster).

Hey..
Couple friends are planning on going to the Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio this summer (Mid July). Haven't been in a while, and things have changed quite a bit.

I've been asked if the Fast Pass is necessary - the standard ticket is $70, Past Pass almost $150 from what I have been told. Question is, do most people use the Fast Pass? If so, that means regular tickets are useless and you will never get on any rides.

Anyone have experience on this? One guy is coming from Seattle, another from Knoxville, and several from around here. So I really want to get this sorted soon for accommodations etc.

Thanks in advance!

There was a 2.5 hr wait according to the sign.... The major rides are all like this. (Gate Keeper, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster).

2.5 hours with the fast pass?!? That's crazy....

Get the fast lane plus or be prepared to wait in the sun all day like 2+hrs waits per ride. Longest I waited for any of the big rides was 15 - 20min. This was on labour day weekend.

Thanks for the replies guys...
FastPass Plus it is!

Do you have a Wonderland pass? As stated, they have a platinum option that allows access to all the parks. Also, there is a dining plan/ card available. Around $80. Gets you a meal every 4 hours.

2.5 hours with the fast pass?!? That's crazy....

no no, the regular line for that I would imagine. I have been to Cedar Point many times, and I can guarantee you that you want that thing if you are trying to make the most of a single day. Hell even if you're not, if the people in your group are willing to spend it, DO IT! You won't get on every top level ride in the park in one day without it. Have fun, it's so awesome.... makes Canada's Wonderland look like the TMP of amusement parks.

Do you have a Wonderland pass? As stated, they have a platinum option that allows access to all the parks. Also, there is a dining plan/ card available. Around $80. Gets you a meal every 4 hours.

Edit: Meal plan is per season. Max 2 meals/ day.

Not sure how anyone would wait in line for 2.5 hours to go on a ride.......... Spend the entire day in the park and hit up 5 rides? WTF is wrong with ppl?

Not sure how anyone would wait in line for 2.5 hours to go on a ride.......... Spend the entire day in the park and hit up 5 rides? WTF is wrong with ppl?

Unfortunately that's just the way it went. The awesomeness of the place outgrew its own capacity. To be perfectly honest I think they could build an exact duplicate of the park right next door and still come out ahead.

Oh yeah... Except everyone is still willing to stand in line, so there is no benefit to them.

Back
Top Bottom