What's your favourite 500km+ route from the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your favourite 500km+ route from the GTA?

macro

Hey everyone,

My usual routes last year were to head to the Algonquin area and then head east. Hwy 60, 62, 35, 118 etc etc. I don't have a GPS so I just kind of wing it and end up wherever, check my phone GPS when I stop for gas. I'm looking to expand and see some new places this year though.

I know there's a lot of riders who do high milage days, what's your favourite routes? Is it worth heading west? Or keep going farther east? I didn't break a 1000km day, it usually seems to be around 800. Where should I go??

Don't need a passport to get into quebec from Canada.

Have you ridden calabogie area

Looked at that sticky thread, lots of good info there. Anyone know how to get those maps onto either a GOS or google maps in my iPhone?

I do have a passport, is NY a day trip?

I've been through there once I think, it just gets better and better the farther east you go.

Pennsylvania. The good stuff is about 450 km from Toronto. Once there, you can do several hundreds of km bouncing around Lockhaven as a centrai point. Multiple threads on this subject already...

Looked at that sticky thread, lots of good info there. Anyone know how to get those maps onto either a GOS or google maps in my iPhone?

I do have a passport, is NY a day trip?
NY is not a day trip for the good roads - head through the Adirondacks for the better riding out there, but will be an overnighter. As mentioned, heading south you can do a long day trip in Penn, but it will be better spending at least one night there.

To get the routes from the sticky into your GPS, you can use a free program like TYRE - very easy to use and works like using Google maps.

Don't need a passport to get into quebec from Canada.

Have you ridden calabogie area

I'd second calabogie and the roads between Barry's Bay and Bonnechere and then back to Maynooth and then the road to Haliburton via Harcourt is just fantastic (Peterson Road and regional road 10)

Awesome. I'll check it out for sure.

TYRE won't work for me, I'm on a Mac. Ahh well. There's other options out there but they're mostly geared towards inputting into a GPS and I don't know if I can swing one yet. As handy as it would be.

I've just started using an old Galaxy S2 and Copilot app as my GPS. So far, it seems pretty good. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm told you can take the GPX files and use ITN Converter to convert them to the TRP files CoPilot uses. (I have converted the other way successfully, and don't see why it wouldn't work).

I'm using this set-up for my first trip to PA next week. I'll try and remember to post my thoughts on both when I get back.

I'd second calabogie and the roads between Barry's Bay and Bonnechere and then back to Maynooth and then the road to Haliburton via Harcourt is just fantastic (Peterson Road and regional road 10)

Oh yeah Peterson rocks, on down to harcourt. I do that run every year.

Back
Top Bottom