what do you think is the best DOT race/track tire for a lightly wet track? | GTAMotorcycle.com

what do you think is the best DOT race/track tire for a lightly wet track?

Dunlop Q3. My wife had a 20 foot rooster tail off of her rear tire and no traction issues at all. Shannonville long track.

Moist.

Standing water? Damp? I have no idea what "lightly wet" is.

In some "lightly wet" conditions I will still use slicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to contribute wherever I can.

Damn, I was going to get 2 rears and 1 front slick and a set of rain tires, now i have to get a set for Lightly wet as well.

KicksRocks.gif

You'll end spending a lot more money on bodywork and broken parts, including your own bones.

Sometimes simple isn't the best way.

yes, extra rims with rains would be ideal, but isn't going to happen for me. I will have one set of tires (on the bike). keeping it simple, and i don't mind riding in the wet.
If you just want to ride around in the rain, any good street tire will do. If you want quick laps that's a different story. Some trackday providers offer a rain cheque, others don't.

You'll end spending a lot more money on bodywork and broken parts, including your own bones.

This. A trackday is usually over in the event of rain.raceday is different of course.

thanks for the words of encouragement lol... this is why i was asking about the "best" track/race DOT tire, the q3 looks like it would work ok in a light rain, and it still performs well in the dry. any other tires i should look at? AM raced in the rain back in mid 90's - no rains. no crash.

You either use rain tires on a wet track, or dry tires on a dry track, or used rain scrubs on a drying track.
If your just doing track days, then the event will be closed when it's wet anyways

This used to be my signature, but Chad didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom