Getting a M license now? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting a M license now?

Since we're on the topic, how hard is the M1 test? Are a lot of the questions similar to the G1, or.. I looked online, official onatrio site, and the motorcycle handbook isn't all that long... Is there an actual motorcycle handbook, or is what they have online all they have?

Since we're on the topic, how hard is the M1 test? Are a lot of the questions similar to the G1, or.. I looked online, official onatrio site, and the motorcycle handbook isn't all that long... Is there an actual motorcycle handbook, or is what they have online all they have?

They have a handbook. And you have to write your m1 & write your g1 again, iirc.

They have a handbook. And you have to write your m1 & write your g1 again, iirc.
Wait a minute. You have to write your G1 again? O.O But I literally just did it first a week ago. I've been G1 for a week. What I was going to do, is get my G2, write my M1, do some courses, get my M2, wait a year, and get my full G during that year. But, by writing your G1 again, as a cause of getting M1, or M2, that doesn't put me back down to the start again, does it? That would suck bigtime

What he means is that the M1 test includes G1 questions.

There are phone apps that let you take a sample test over and over. That's what I did to prepare.

Coming from a different province, some of the correct G1 answers were counterintuitive. Glad I found those apps.

What Matt said.

Oh God. Big sigh of relief. I feel like an idiot now lol. Thank you though. I need to prepare. I might as well go out and get that book. And download a test app also. The M1 is pretty simple though right? Mostly common sense, like the G1?

Read the book and take the test. Its really easy. Then sign up for a course at a school. It will help a lot and calm those nerves.

I didn't buy the handbook. I just read whatever I could find online. This was probably it: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/handbook/motorcycles/index.shtml

Most of the questions were about the rules of the road. There might have been questions about blocking position and making yourself visible. Short test, all multiple choice.

Alright, sounds good :) I might actually get the book though. I'm so interested in it, I wouldn't mind reading the whole thing XD (You can probably tell I have nothing to read). It'll become my summer beach read lololol. Yeah. I'm a boring person. Thanks for the help guys :)

I'm doing my M2 exit tomorrow and this thread has been really helpful. One thing I remember from my Huimber course is that they said the MTO examiners don't want to see a gear change in an intersection. That's OK in a regular intersection but in some the big (3 lane) intersections, that's a long time to say in 1st gear.

I'm doing my M2 exit tomorrow and this thread has been really helpful. One thing I remember from my Huimber course is that they said the MTO examiners don't want to see a gear change in an intersection. That's OK in a regular intersection but in some the big (3 lane) intersections, that's a long time to say in 1st gear.

Yeah, I had to force myself not to change gears. But avoid it. They will count as an error.

Woo hoo - passed the M2 exit road test today at the Aurora drive test centre. Thx to all who have posted in this thread and in others with tips and experiences. It all really helped me.

Doing mine tomorrow at Downsview. I have 24 hours to get rid of my bad/stupid habits.

Woo hoo - passed the M2 exit road test today at the Aurora drive test centre. Thx to all who have posted in this thread and in others with tips and experiences. It all really helped me.

Congrats! ?

I am now a fully-licensed hooligan. #weeeeeeeeee

Guy claimed he should've failed me right off the bat for "cutting off" someone in the parking lot.

-I have to fail you.
-You're not serious.
-*shakes head in disgust* Ok I give you the pass.

F*cker.

You done good today babe, you done good.

Wmv2sOi.jpg

Last edited:
quick question. How STOCK does your bike have to be? I have Jardine exhaust + Fender eliminator with integrated tail light + plate under the seat. LOL. cbr600rr. will they even allow me to do the test? Doing it in Brampton

quick question. How STOCK does your bike have to be? I have Jardine exhaust + Fender eliminator with integrated tail light + plate under the seat. LOL. cbr600rr. will they even allow me to do the test? Doing it in Brampton

If you brake lights and signals work, shouldn't have an issue.
Your front brake lever and rear brake lever have to activate the brake light.

Also, make sure your horn works.

If you brake lights and signals work, shouldn't have an issue.
Your front brake lever and rear brake lever have to activate the brake light.

Also, make sure your horn works.

I actually brought extra bulbs, fuses and a tool kit, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom