Trailer restraint systems | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trailer restraint systems

Buy your self a set of soft ties. They make attaching strap hooks much easier and secure....plus you can wrap them around things that the hook won't, like around the triple clamp inside of a fork tube etc.

2011-moose-racing-motorcycle-soft-ties-1.jpg
That's what I use too, as well as the cheap locking chocks from harbor freight.

It is indeed the PA chock. I'm not sure if they still sell them or not but I got it straight from the manufacturer:

http://www.cerka.ca/comersus7f/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=45

At the time it was $90, for the difference in price, go with a Baxley.

The PA comes on sale a couple times a year for $49. That is when I bought mine. Which if I remember correctly was about the taxes on my Baxley. The Baxley is a superior product no doubt but at $49 you can't beat the PA one. The Baxley does a better job holding the bike upright with no straps then the PA, but since your going to strap it down anyway if you can wait for the PA sale its worth it.

For those that mentioned it, please reconsider trailering the bike while it's in gear. Bad idea from everything I've read, could be bad for the gearbox and other parts. Or maybe I'm wrong, but I had to say it. And +1 for Pit Bull on a sheet of plywood.

For those that mentioned it, please reconsider trailering the bike while it's in gear. Bad idea from everything I've read, could be bad for the gearbox and other parts. Or maybe I'm wrong, but I had to say it. And +1 for Pit Bull on a sheet of plywood.

LOL.....Gimme a break. The rocking of a bike forward and backward in transit is WAYYYYYYY less stress on the bikes gears than actually riding it is. Same deal with fork seals-people wax on about strapping the bike down blowing fork seals out. I will never buy it. Riding the bike over genuinely rough surfaces uses up alot more suspension travel and transmits substantially more force and pressure through the forks than strapping it down does. Fork seals leak when they are toast, there is dirt or debris between the seal and the tube, or there is a knick in the tube that allows oil past or tears the seal.

Buy your self a set of soft ties. They make attaching strap hooks much easier and secure....plus you can wrap them around things that the hook won't, like around the triple clamp inside of a fork tube etc.

2011-moose-racing-motorcycle-soft-ties-1.jpg

Yup +1 especially track bikes with no rear sets or naked stuff with bar end mirrors.

Used to use cut up straps, but these are much better

In an enclosed trailer I use a Baxley and two straps. I strap from the sub frame forward to a couple anchors just behind the front wheel and just wider than the handle bars. Very simple to load the bike, very secure (its never moved) and like this there is not much compression on the suspension. The straps are pulling the bike into the chock and removing the left-right lean.

I've taken bikes all over Ontario and to New Jersey and Florida like this without an issue.

That said, if I had to set my trailer up over again I would most definitely use a pitbull TRS.... zero straps would be sweet!

Up until last year I'd never used a pitbull TRS and I've been strapping bikes down for 17 years. Now I have one for each bike. Yes they're a bit expensive but it's worth every cent and you can easily sell one for $200-$250 used to recover some of the money if you didn't need it anymore. New bike? We'll worry not as you just buy new pins for $90 and sell the old ones. Wheel chocks work ok but you still need straps which take up room and need anchor points, also on a hot day your slicks seem to melt to the damn things and getting the front wheel out is a pain.

I just used my pit bull trs and a floor jack to swap my rear shock. Easiest way I have ever done it. :)

Get a U-Haul motorcycle trailer. The chock is built in. They're the same price as a regular utility trailer and work perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom