Ajusto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ajusto

Excellent analogy.

So you become an "expert" driver, according to the app monitored by the insurance company. App that specifies that you have to accelerate very slowly...great. Now everyone accelerates at snails pace to make sure they get the best rebate. Oh gridlock becomes worse? Huh, thats too bad.

So tell me, will the App monitor you cutting off and putting that motorcycle in the ditch. After all you did make that maneuver nice and gently. Driving slow in the left lane, causing other to pass you on the right? Not signaling any of your turns or lane changes?

When that app becomes something more than a glorified accelerometer and a GPS tracker you may have something on your hands.

What happens when the level of "good driver" jumps up and your current level makes you uneligable for discount? When you go to shop for insurance and they already know exactly how many km's and where you drive courtesy of your own snitching on yourself?

To then have the balls to say that "most drivers think they are good drivers" as you look at some numbers on your screen and pat yourself on the back.

Oh and Spankayf, take your race bating somewhere else. After all, you're also calling the Insurance companies racist, seeing as how Markham and Brampton just accidentally happen to have the highest insurance rates. I mean, why is that?

I think you are missing the point. The attitude that everyone thinks they are a good driver is wide spread, you and I included. Thinking and actually being one are two different things. I had infractions on my driving record, but I know the data I get on my app is helping me evaluate my own driving. This act is what I am hoping is making my a better driver, because I am changing my driving behaviour slowly (no pun intended)

one more thing... the acceration to get out of hard acceleration is not slow. Like I said, until you've tried it, which you never will, your assumptions are just ... assumptions without proof.

Are you talking all smokers? What about outdoor only smokers, light cigarettes, not in the car smokers, party smokers, occasional cigar, after sex? Some sort of system, a monitoring device if you will, is needed to adjust the premiums according to behaviour.

This already happens today when you sign up for life insurance. The monitoring is not ongoing and it is on an honour system that the policy holders will not deviate from the answers they provided on the health questionaire.

I wanted to try the app on my bicycle for ***** and giggles but the app is really buggy on the iphone. No start/stop button. Trips keep dissapearing and it makes the gps stay on.

This is already spreading to life insurance where the company requires you to wear a fitness tracker and penalizes you for not being active enough.

sent from a device using a program

I think you are missing the point. The attitude that everyone thinks they are a good driver is wide spread, you and I included.

one more thing... the acceration to get out of hard acceleration is not slow. Like I said, until you've tried it, which you never will, your assumptions are just ... assumptions without proof.

Need to know asap: Does this technology allow differentiation between engaged pro-active slightly ahead of the curve driver and the blissed out daydreaming steady Eddie?

Back
Top Bottom