Wierd ... 1000cc cheaper then a 650cc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wierd ... 1000cc cheaper then a 650cc

chiller

Site Supporter
I always figured that cc's had to play some role in determining your insurance rate and this got debunked today.

I currently have an SV1000 in the garage and pay around $430 / yr on it, liability + theft.

For interest sake, I looked at a SV650 to insure so my brother could ride it from time to time and he would just pay the rate for it. figure it must be cheaper then the $430 that I'm paying now. Turns out that it is MORE ... they want $650 for the same coverage !

Never saw that one coming.

More % claims against the 650 than the 1k. Same reason my CBX250 got blacklisted and the Ninja 250 didn't, even thought the Ninja had more HP.

More % claims against the 650 than the 1k. Same reason my CBX250 got blacklisted and the Ninja 250 didn't, even thought the Ninja had more HP.

did not think it would make THAT much of a difference, I guess my theory got debunked...

fine with me ... no one should buy the 1000 :p keep my rates low !!!

How on earth do you just pay 430/yr?

Mind blown

Age and experience. Mine is less.

was about to say ... age and experience ... though i could have gone less if i took off the theft coverage ... without it think its around 390 ... but i figure 40 bucks / yr to cover if someone wants to haul it away is a good deal...

Sometimes it is cheaper to get a more expensive/rare bike, since there are less claims made against them. I remember being dumbfounded by what some places wanted to insure a Ninja 650R last year, and it was all due to claims.

Morale of the story? Please don't buy a CBR650F. lol

Insurance quotes for me on an RC8R (1190cc) are cheaper than a Daytona 675R, a hypermotard, or Rivale. Go figure. Some bigger bikes are just cheaper to insure by some insurers.

Def like the rare component....just insured my triumph trophy 1200 for 800 a year. I paid more ten years ago for an SV 650

not a relevant one. over 30 back then...

Def like the rare component....just insured my triumph trophy 1200 for 800 a year. I paid more ten years ago for an SV 650
I'm sure you're Happy but certainly not Crappy

Waiting for the insurance on the FZ-09 to sky rocket
My insurance jumped up $200 a year on my FZ-07 it's now costing me just over 1300 a year. I called my broker and was like WTF, they told me it's because it has been reclassified as a naked sport from a naked touring.

My insurance jumped up $200 a year on my FZ-07 it's now costing me just over 1300 a year. I called my broker and was like WTF, they told me it's because it has been reclassified as a naked sport from a naked touring.
So they have a naked sport bike category? Geez. Thanks to the all the Monsters, speed Triples and FZs I guess..

Back
Top Bottom