Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations?

Thanks for the offer Mac, those Gaerne boots, while nice - have about the same level of protection as my current pair and I'm definitely looking for something much stronger. That's why the Forma and Daytona's are a little higher on my list.

Keep in mind that there is a pretty hefty duty on clothing, especially footwear. I see that it is 18% right now, plus that is on the CAD value, plus HST, plus $8 for the government to be so kind as to open your boxes and make sure you aren't shipping chinchillas or something. If it's UPS there's also an extra fee. How does this Motostorm ship?

I think it still comes out as a better deal even with all the fees - I would just be worried about fit.

Ships Fedex. My last order was all luggage and all I paid was the taxes. No brokerage or duty. I'm hoping it's the same this time but if not paying duty on the boots won't be a deal breaker.

Im currently looking at the tracking and the package is in Canada so I can update on Tuesday with how much I get dinged for.

Each time you order anything over 200 euros you get a 20 euro voucher for your next order too. Now I'm looking at jackets and pants but that will be a separate thread.

Just got a call from Fedex. Only taxes are due on the shipment. I asked Motostorm to mark the packages as motorcycle accessories. Very happy...now just got to wait for the boots to get here.

Very nice.... Looking to order soon

Could be a ymmv regarding duties. I've always found it to be a lottery to be honest. There are no duties on motorcycle accessories but there are supposed to be on clothing. I may have gotten lucky this time.

The Forma Adventure boots and all my other gear arrived. $10 fee for Fedex and just taxes to pay, no duties. The boots are extremely comfy. As reported on other sites and in other reviews they are nice and wide. I take a 43 Euro size in most shoes and have the occasional 44 so I ordered a 44 (most reviews suggest ordering one up from your normal Euro size) and they feel great with some relatively thin socks on and there's plenty of room for thicker socks too. I don't know if the 43 would have just fit but I think these are fine and I like more room around the toe box. There's no sliding around the ankle area and the armour is pretty solid and the boots feel substantial but not too heavy. Really well made and they look great!

The Forma Adventure boots and all my other gear arrived. $10 fee for Fedex and just taxes to pay, no duties. The boots are extremely comfy. As reported on other sites and in other reviews they are nice and wide. I take a 43 Euro size in most shoes and have the occasional 44 so I ordered a 44 (most reviews suggest ordering one up from your normal Euro size) and they feel great with some relatively thin socks on and there's plenty of room for thicker socks too. I don't know if the 43 would have just fit but I think these are fine and I like more room around the toe box. There's no sliding around the ankle area and the armour is pretty solid and the boots feel substantial but not too heavy. Really well made and they look great!
Thanks for the update.... Will definitely order soon

If you do plan on ordering again let me know.... Can share the cost of shipping

I went to BMW...the all round boot is $300 with tax

Thanks for the update.... Will definitely order soon

If you do plan on ordering again let me know.... Can share the cost of shipping

I went to BMW...the all round boot is $300 with tax

I am going to order again at some point. I'm keeping an eye on their jacket and pant closeouts but I'm also in Kingston!

No side zip on those boots?

No side zip on those boots?

No as that would negate the waterproofing I think. It's a one piece opening with a goretex-like boot liner that reaches about 3/4 of the way up the boot and then the clasps and velcro at the top to cinch the boot up, the top liner kind of folds back on itself with the velcro and top clasps to help. Once the clasps are dialled in the boot is pretty secure on the foot and around the calf/shin. The opening is nice and wide to get in and out. There's protection for the ankle bones and also a nifty slider on one side of each boot to stop the bottom clasp from catching on the ground, a nice touch.

You'll need long socks for these...they are reasonably tall boots and feel like very comfy hiking boots when on too.

My sidis are waterproof Goretex and still side zip.

I ordered the Gaerne Midland-G boots and a pair of Alpinestars GT-S Gore-Tex gloves. $299 USD for both. Total charged through PayPal was $430 CDN, the exchange rate was better than through my VISA card. I asked that the package be marked as "Motorcycle Accessories" so we'll see what Customs does.

If I would have purchased them in Canada I was looking at almost $800. As bad as I feel about not supporting Canadian stores I can't ignore those kind of savings.

I ordered the Gaerne Midland-G boots and a pair of Alpinestars GT-S Gore-Tex gloves. $299 USD for both. Total charged through PayPal was $430 CDN, the exchange rate was better than through my VISA card. I asked that the package be marked as "Motorcycle Accessories" so we'll see what Customs does.

If I would have purchased them in Canada I was looking at almost $800. As bad as I feel about not supporting Canadian stores I can't ignore those kind of savings.
Did you also buy from moto storm.it

My sidis are waterproof Goretex and still side zip.

ahh ok.....my Allround boots have a zip too I think but all that does is help close the opening made by the Goretex liner around my leg. These boots use clasps, like ski boot ones only smaller, and a Velcro strip at the top to do the same thing.

Do you guys call after you placed the order to mark as motorcycle accessories... Or while checking out do you include a note?

If I need any gear I always wait for the super bike race weekend at Mosport in August.BMW sets up a tent and blows out all of last seasons stock at half price or less.I think their gear is the best stuff on the planet as long as you don't mind the little BMW logos.I got a pair of $400 boots(pretty sure they are made by TCX ,they were identical) for $120.By far the best all around riding boots I've ever owned.All their stuff is made in various countries in Europe if that means anything to anyone.

My Motostorm order was shipped on May 28th, just picked it up today at the FedEx depot. I didn't need my VISA card, there was no additional charges whatsoever. Me very happy.

My Motostorm order was shipped on May 28th, just picked it up today at the FedEx depot. I didn't need my VISA card, there was no additional charges whatsoever. Me very happy.

Not even taxes? Go buy a lottery ticket you lucky bugger.

Back
Top Bottom