Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations?

This is what I just ordered:

attachment.php

Very similar to the Gaerne's but more protection and ......shifter pad. Ta da. Forma Adventure Boots...made in Italy..fully waterproof, oiled leather.

attachment.php

Very similar to the Gaerne's but more protection and ......shifter pad. Ta da. Forma Adventure Boots...made in Italy..fully waterproof, oiled leather.

Those are sweet. How much?

I've been considering these but I have no idea if they're actually any good. Seem to get decent reviews. I'm wondering if the extra length on the straps would make a "boot in" style impossible.

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/icon-one-thousand-elsinore-boots.html
13478-300.jpg

I like the look a bit better than the ones with all the plastic buckles although these are fairly "pirate-y".

My coworker has a pair of SWAT safety boots that I was also considering but I'll just wait until the next time my work pays for safety boots to get those. Used safety boots fairly exclusively over the last couple of years but I've never crash tested them. Don't like my current ones as much and they are more obvious so I don't wear them casually as often as I did the old ones that wore out last year. They were all black so looked ok in a casual setting. New ones are brown with a black toe cap so they scream "I work in construction!" (although I don't).

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?183766-Original-SWAT-Leather-Boots-IN-STOCK!

I have some Sidi Vertigo Mega Gore but until recently I almost never wore them because they are too hard to walk in and I thought they would stretch/break in a bit, which they have not, so they are too tight and uncomfortable. Smashed off my toenail when I crashed once while wearing them because my toe impacted the inside of the boot. Might put them up for sale. Not a fan of Sidi's zippers, either. Both of the pull tabs broke after only a few uses. Got a replacement zipper the first time but the second time they wouldn't send me one. Had to pay for the repair at a cobbler myself. Now I use a paperclip.

Last edited:
Those are sweet. How much?

$159 US. Motostorm.it outlet. Read up on the sizing info on the web if you're looking at them. These are $100 cheaper than North American prices. Shipping for one item is steep but put a few things together and it's not.

$159 US. Motostorm.it outlet. Read up on the sizing info on the web if you're looking at them. These are $100 cheaper than North American prices. Shipping for one item is steep but put a few things together and it's not.
Only $159.....

Are they authentic?

Does that include shipping? How about duty?

attachment.php

Sweet deal, although I am hesitant to purchase boots online. Maybe it's just my feet... but a size 11 seems to fit differently for every brand.

$40 US shipping but that's for any order. I ordered a Givi top box to match my panniers and a load of stuff to add to it like inner liner bag, backrest, luggage rack etc. All steep discounts over here in North America, $40 US shipping flat for everything. If the boots are the wrong size I have no doubt that I can unload them for the purchase price/plus any duties I might pay/plus tax and a share of the shipping. They will still be way less than here. I don't like buying shoes online either but this was too good a deal.

Only downside is the outlet gear seems to take a week or so longer to ship.

Sweet deal, although I am hesitant to purchase boots online. Maybe it's just my feet... but a size 11 seems to fit differently for every brand.

Lots of threads about RE sizing. Have a read of them and see if you feel comfortable ordering them. Worst case scenario you sell them on Kijiji for $220 or something.

Just to confirm.... They cost you $259 in total?

No, $159US PLUS $40 US shipping, but I bought several other things and it's a flat rate shipping fee. Conversion to $CDN isn't brilliant right now but you still come out ahead. There will be taxes to pay and maybe duties but the latter is a lottery.

Make sure you're looking in the outlet section of Motostorm.it for the cheapest price. Bottom of the webpage.

Here you go...

http://www.motostorm.it/en/outlet/boots.html?brand=forma&currency=USD

$155 US today. The prices fluctuate all the time depending on rate of exchange and availability it seems too. Partner up with a buddy to save on shipping.

Hate to sound like a shill for the company but they do have extraordinary prices and if that saves people a buck or two I'm all for that. Plus, I have ordered from them before, they are totally legit.

Last edited:
Damn! They have them in black in my size....now to find the $$$

I wear a 9.5 but I've found shoes that fit anywhere from 8 to 10.5 or so.

Anyone want to group buy the boots.... The $40 shipping can be split between us

or if you are interested in buying anything else of the website

shipping is a flat $40

Last edited:
Seems like some good prices, depending on what you are looking for and whether or not it's in the Outlet portion of the site.
They have the Rev'it! gloves I've been lusting after for awhile (Phantom GTX), but the price is equivalent to what Revzilla has them for.
The only real challenge is that Revzilla can't sell these to Canada. No Canadian dealerships stock these.
Boo!

Rob

Keep in mind that there is a pretty hefty duty on clothing, especially footwear. I see that it is 18% right now, plus that is on the CAD value, plus HST, plus $8 for the government to be so kind as to open your boxes and make sure you aren't shipping chinchillas or something. If it's UPS there's also an extra fee. How does this Motostorm ship?

I think it still comes out as a better deal even with all the fees - I would just be worried about fit.

Last edited:
That site looks great and I like those Forma Adventure boots.
I currently have the Alpinestars Web Goretex boots and am looking for a boot with more protection, but similar all day comfort, waterproofness and walkability.
Some of the street oriented Daytona boots seem really good - where would be a good place to grab some Daytona boots?

These are very walkable and the toe is thin enough for easy shifting.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

If you are size 10-11 you are welcome to drop by and try them. It was the slim toe that was attractive....with pants over the boots looks quite dressy despite the protection and I even managed 1050 steps up and down in the Chillagoe caves with no issue except my fitness level...boots were comfortable. You need long socks under them. So far never a wet foot.
They also let me tuck the knee armor into the very top tho that might compromise the water proof seal.

Currently just run with one clip and the velcro for easy on and off. Kid bought something similar with a side zip as well as buckles. Will try and find out.

Back
Top Bottom