Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations?

I was just looking at Motostorm, and I found a pair of boots, price was 162EUR, but then I switched to US$ and it was only 142USD.
Calculated the exchange, and that makes it 174CAD when using USD, but 220CAD when converting from Euro?!?

So why on earth would I shop in Euro? Why I ask!?!

Anyways, they do have some very nice prices. I did buy some pants and gloves from Motocard though, as Motostorm did not stock my size. It was about 20USD more @ Motocard.
Stinking duties though - why would we pay duties on clothes? What Canadian manufacturer are we protecting? Does Canada make motorcycle clothing at all?

Euro price probably includes VAT.

I was just looking at Motostorm, and I found a pair of boots, price was 162EUR, but then I switched to US$ and it was only 142USD.
Calculated the exchange, and that makes it 174CAD when using USD, but 220CAD when converting from Euro?!?

Anyways, they do have some very nice prices. I did buy some pants and gloves from Motocard though, as Motostorm did not stock my size. It was about 20USD more @ Motocard.
Stinking duties though - why would we pay duties on clothes? What Canadian manufacturer are we protecting? Does Canada make motorcycle clothing at all?

Yes answered above...sorry, I forgot to say that you should sign up and make an account with Motostorm with your canadian address then it subtracts VAT so the prices actually get more attractive still.

Canada makes lots of pirate costumes I think.

Yes answered above...sorry, I forgot to say that you should sign up and make an account with Motostorm with your canadian address then it subtracts VAT so the prices actually get more attractive still.
Thanks for making sense of this, Euro prices can be great, too bad Canada hates fred trade

I won't be able to approve or disapprove of my $30 Walmart regular toe work boots until near the end of the season.
They seem good so far, and I can buy six pairs for under $200. You do have to purchase your own Snowseal though.

Also, I plan on doing more walking and standing than riding in them.

You should be able to get a pair of BMW Allround goretex boots for that price. Fantastic boots if you can get them.
Second that.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Alpinestar Ridge is a waterproof boot that fits the budget.
Not great safety-wise, but still alot better than shoes.
For me, I would like Sidi Gore Tex ADV boots...but $500+

Alpinestar Ridge is a waterproof boot that fits the budget.
Not great safety-wise, but still alot better than shoes.
For me, I would like Sidi Gore Tex ADV boots...but $500+

I think I saw those for $200 less on Euro sites too.

Motorcycle specific boots also tend to have a lower height footbox to get under the shifter pegs more easily, they also have a reinforced shifter pad which helps.

No reinforced shifter pad on the Guarnier - no CE armor for the ankle. Just a very well built motorcycle specific boot.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

The toe on the RedHead fits under the shifter easily......even fully lugged hiking boots do.

Sometimes the guys with the volume business ( hunting/fishing) have the better choices and prices.
When you read about the number of supposedly "water proof" motorcycle boots that fail....maybe the hunting guys are on to something.

The big thing is to encase and protect the ankle in dead cow. :D

Last edited:
Yup-That's my second favourite boot. Better looking and way nicer to walk in than the Sidis....but a bit less protective.

Back
Top Bottom