Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need gloves/boots for touring season. Recommendations?

DJM

Site Supporter
I need a decent pair of touring gloves that can handle cool, wet weather. Preferably armored, but heated not required. The Kangaroo leather ones I have now are downright miserable in that climate. Any brands/models that have been a good choice?

Also boots. Something along the lines of Sidi All Road or thereabouts?

Royal Distributing is having their no HST sale until Sunday...plus get additional percentages off starting today I believe...check them out...not sure if they have what you want...

Yeah but unless you are doing off pavement they may be overkill.
But hellish good protection, very comfortable and they are indeed waterproof.

I like a short mesh glove with armored knuckles for riding in warm weather -

I really like my Dainese Druids S-ST. Quite comfortable, with good protection. A good pair of leather gloves will last you a lonnnngg time.

dainese_druids_sst_gloves_detail.jpg

I just bought a pair of $30 work boots from WalMart, snow sealed them, and put my custom insoles in them.

I'll see how well they do long term, but short term they're much better than the race boots that felt like they were tearing a chunk out of my shin.

I'm probably going to order a pair of Forma Adventure boots from motostorm. They get rave reviews, have more armour than the Gaerne equivalent and many say they are extremely comfy for walking in. Price is good if you order other gear at the same time.

How stiff is the boot sole for walking? I don't plan on standing on pegs.

About the same as a pair of work boots. I have worn them all day at the office when I forgot my shoes without my feet complaining.

I'm probably going to order a pair of Forma Adventure boots from motostorm. They get rave reviews, have more armour than the Gaerne equivalent and many say they are extremely comfy for walking in. Price is good if you order other gear at the same time.

Holy crap, nice find. Look at those prices. Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex is $283 USD? They're $700 here, and $500 in the USA.

I use the TCX airtech boots all season long
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-air-tech-gore-tex-boot

Awesome boot, very comfortable on or off the bike, waterproof, lots of ventilation yet my feet are never cold.

For gloves I have a pair of Scott Distinct 1 GT gore-tex

https://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2274780001008/SCOTT-Distinct-1-GT-Gloves/

A little pricey, I paid $165.00 cdn for them but you might find them cheaper online (I value dry hands while touring), nice and comfy good protection and gore-tex

I was going to pick up a pair of Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex a couple years ago but tried Sidi Canyon Gore-tex and bought them instead. Very comfortable on the bike (no hot foot in the summer) and definitely waterproof. Nice grippy sole for walking off the bike.

Holy crap, nice find. Look at those prices. Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex is $283 USD? They're $700 here, and $500 in the USA.

Yup..I ordered about $450 worth of luggage from them a few weeks ago and it was delivered and fitted last week. I only paid taxes on the delivery (FedEx). Bear in mind though that it's a crapshoot with clothing, you might get dinged with duties too. I'm about to send in another big order, their prices are insane for some things. Seriously can't be beat. They have jackets that are half the price of Revzillas. Every time you order 200 Euros of anything they send you a 20 Euro voucher to be used on orders of 200 Euros and above. I did have some communication problems initially with them with a bit of a delay but this was due to them waiting on a supply from Givi. All was good in the end and I'll be ordering a ton more from them.

Edit: Postage seems to be a flat rate of $40 for any size order. Mine came in two large packages and it was the one price for shipping. Pair up with a buddy for savings on shipping if you need to.

Also don't forget to look at the "outlet" link at the bottom of the motostorm site before the main site. Things are cheaper still there.

Last edited:
I use the TCX airtech boots all season long
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-air-tech-gore-tex-boot

Awesome boot, very comfortable on or off the bike, waterproof, lots of ventilation yet my feet are never cold.

For gloves I have a pair of Scott Distinct 1 GT gore-tex

https://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2274780001008/SCOTT-Distinct-1-GT-Gloves/

A little pricey, I paid $165.00 cdn for them but you might find them cheaper online (I value dry hands while touring), nice and comfy good protection and gore-tex

I have those TCX boots. Great for on the bike and a bit of walking, but I'm finding them not too comfy for extended walks. Totally waterproof and highly breathable if you get the goretex version.

OK just ordered from Motostorm and just for comparison I priced up my same order with canadian/US suppliers. Motostorm order comes to $640CDN delivered (used two 20 euro vouchers), pricing up the same order from North America $1200 and counting. Both of these are pre-tax and I ordered one piece of clothing (boots- $100 cheaper from Motostorm) that may or may not have duties attached. All other items are duty free, taxes only.

Have fun shopping!

I was just looking at Motostorm, and I found a pair of boots, price was 162EUR, but then I switched to US$ and it was only 142USD.
Calculated the exchange, and that makes it 174CAD when using USD, but 220CAD when converting from Euro?!?

So why on earth would I shop in Euro? Why I ask!?!

Anyways, they do have some very nice prices. I did buy some pants and gloves from Motocard though, as Motostorm did not stock my size. It was about 20USD more @ Motocard.
Stinking duties though - why would we pay duties on clothes? What Canadian manufacturer are we protecting? Does Canada make motorcycle clothing at all?

Back
Top Bottom