OBD2 cable | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OBD2 cable

so I ended up buying a LonElec cable and works perfectly with TuneEcu. My problem is that the cable doesn't work with Tuneboy/TuneEdit and unfortunately, my tune is using those programs. I made the mistake of thinking the LonElec cables will work with Tuneboy as long as I load the appropriate drivers. I've since confirmed that only a Tuneboy cable will work with Tuneboy/TuneEdit.

That said, does anyone have a Tuneboy cable in the GTA area? I got rid of my Exup motor & cable and I need to disable it from TuneEdit. I also want to clear the codes.

thanks!

You can disable the exup with tuneecu. Read the map from the bike, unckeck the exup valve, "download"(should really be upload), then do a reset adaptation and that's it. I ended up buying a FTDI cable as well from Amazon and disabled the exup as well.

You can disable the exup with tuneecu. Read the map from the bike, unckeck the exup valve, "download"(should really be upload), then do a reset adaptation and that's it. I ended up buying a FTDI cable as well from Amazon and disabled the exup as well.

I don't think it works that way. If I open via TuneEcu and disable the exup through there, it will overwrite my existing map with some random map from TuneEcu.

And I failed to mention, my map is custom that was made from Tuneboy.

I don't think it works that way. If I open via TuneEcu and disable the exup through there, it will overwrite my existing map with some random map from TuneEcu.

And I failed to mention, my map is custom that was made from Tuneboy.

Tuneecu reads whatever map you have already in your bike, you then disable the exup on that map and upload it back. It doesn't matter what map you have on your bike now and how it was created.

Tuneecu reads whatever map you have already in your bike, you then disable the exup on that map and upload it back. It doesn't matter what map you have on your bike now and how it was created.

Really?? Guess i'll do some comparing when I get home...

Edit: So upon reading the Map Edit portion on the website, if i'm understanding correctly I have two choices when first reading the map onto the program? I either load a .hex file or it downloads directly from the Ecu?

Last edited:
Just tried it. It doesn't work. When I try to read the map from TuneEcu, it gives me an "Unknown File Type" message. So some further digging, it seemed to only work for older TB tunes. I have the new TB Live tune so TuneEcu can't read it.

So back to square one, anyone have a Tuneboy Cable in the GTA?

I have a TuneBoy cable. Do you have the password for your ECU?

Need to disable my EXUP as well. Currently the check engine light is on due to this as it's unplugged.

Anyone in the Mississauga area willing to help? I will buy your cable.

Let me know.

Thanks

Need to disable my EXUP as well. Currently the check engine light is on due to this as it's unplugged.

Anyone in the Mississauga area willing to help? I will buy your cable.

Let me know.

Thanks

I'll help you if you're willing to come to Thornhill. I won't sell you my cable though.

Back
Top Bottom