Richmond Hill Road Watch | GTAMotorcycle.com

Richmond Hill Road Watch

h0ck3y

I was traveling northbound on Bathurst St. just north of Highway 7 in the centre lane and in a proper blocking position. Some car then flies by me on the right hand side with most of his car in the centre lane (my lane) and partially in the right lane, which was coming to an end. He must have come within 2 feet of me when he passed -- good thing I didn't panic.

I'm pretty sure other GTA areas have something similar, but when I got home I filed a Richmond Hill Road Watch report. Haven't done one for a while and noticed that they've really improved it. Here's the link: https://onlinereporting.yrp.ca/dors/en/crupfilingperson

The drivers in that particular area are very aggressive. Not sure why.. I notice anytime I am in that area a sudden increase in very impatient drivers..

Rather than the usual lazy careless drivers I see a bit further east.. glad you didn't get hurt.. be safe out there.. I heard A LOT of cops yesterday pulling people over all day..

I hate driving around Richmond Hill in my cage never mind on the bike. I get the hell outta town as quick as I can as soon as I get on my bike.

I appreciate the way YRP handles Roadwatch complaints; they send you an e-mail that the driver was sent a roadwatch letter.

TPS actually visits the driver's house and tries their best to lay a charge as long as you have a good description of the driver.

Peel Regional Police don't give you any feedback, but i've been assured that every Roadwatch complaint is investigated.

When I moved from Newmarket to Bathurst & Steeles my insurance almost doubled. State Farm said it was a high risk/accident area.

Was it a luxury car?

Probably, there are a lot of rich Asians in that area. Have a friend who was given an S4 as her first car from that area...she also can't drive for ****.

I have had multiple cars change lanes into mine and try to lane split me, and others make turns into the wrong lane. Richmond Hill isn't the greatest but it's a hell of a lot better than Markham. I fear for my life whenever I ride through Markham. Ride safe., was not aware of the road watch reports, thanks for posting now I am aware of how to handle problems I see on the road.

I have had multiple cars change lanes into mine and try to lane split me, and others make turns into the wrong lane. Richmond Hill isn't the greatest but it's a hell of a lot better than Markham. I fear for my life whenever I ride through Markham. Ride safe., was not aware of the road watch reports, thanks for posting now I am aware of how to handle problems I see on the road.
Really useful in giving people a heads up. Ive used it twice, once on a tow truck driver and once on some lady who was changing lanes without signalling, tailgaiting, weaving all whilst on her phone. Pulled over, took her car make and model down along with the license plate and i doubt shed be doing that **** again

There's something about Richmond hill. Was doing a home reno for a client in the area, and every morning having to back in a trailer into the drive-way i would have at least 1-3 people go FLYING in front of me exactly when the 2" they needed to get past me opened up in front.

Not the greatest idea as im looking backwards trying to park a 12' trailer, not hit any kids walking up and down the sidewalk to their school, and not hit any cars & still be considerate and let cars by before i start my reverse.

No patience at all over there it seems, sorry i took 20 seconds to back up :confused:

Yup - very new Black Jaguar sedan.

Richmond Hill is a black hole in the luxury dealership business. Cars are damaged there 2-3X the rates elsewhere. You have two problems, people driving for the first times in their life, and a massive sense of entitlement due to their wealth where they really have no sense of responsibility.
I called in a complaint to police years ago about a kid who side-swiped me, he showed up to court with a TEAM of lawyers and his mom in a mink that looked very annoyed. The PA plead them down to nothing and the crown didn't even call in my testimony.
Money fixes a lot.

Richmond Hill-Markham are the two worse places in Ontario.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/5213569-markham-makes-top-10-list-for-crashes/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom