New to GTAM, I'm Pete aka Polish Batman ... Hello to everyone ;) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to GTAM, I'm Pete aka Polish Batman ... Hello to everyone ;)

Hi Team,

I'm new to the Forum after learning about the site from a fellow rider on my way home today. Getting out of the DT core certainly had it's excitement after work as a car rear ended another right beside us. It's pretty hectic, esp with all the construction.

A bit about me ... I moved back to the GTA (Mississauga) after being away for 8 years (no, not prison lol ...) just out west in BC and other areas. I just picked up a new 2014 Yamaha R1, and I'm in the process on breaking it in. I can't really hit the highway yet, hence if anyone has a good route planned on how to get to King & Bay street with the least amount of traffic, then by all means please share.

That's about it, if you have any questions or anything, feel free to shoot me a line or two. Nice to meet everyone and be a part of this informative forum.

Cheers,

Pete ;)

Welcome Pete. Congrats, great choice in bike. Hope to see you around, I use to work at BMO on King and Bay. Didn't know where to park, only ever took the public transit.
Others will chime in.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

i commute to king and spadina everyday and honestly went to every single route and u will find same amount of traffic but it depends on the time. if i leave from Brampton around 6:30am i get to dt in like good 45 min and if i leave at 7 oh boy it takes me at least 1 and half hour that includes riding on the shoulder so it all depends what time u leave

i commute to king and spadina everyday and honestly went to every single route and u will find same amount of traffic but it depends on the time. if i leave from Brampton around 6:30am i get to dt in like good 45 min and if i leave at 7 oh boy it takes me at least 1 and half hour that includes riding on the shoulder so it all depends what time u leave

That sounds right. I left after 7 am, and it look just over 1 hour 30 min .... add a few accidents in there and a few road maintenance crews and the time increases.... sigh ...

On another topic, I saw you msg on a ride group. Is there any in Mississauga? (I'm new to the forum and just getting my bearings).

Pete

Welcome Pete. Congrats, great choice in bike. Hope to see you around, I use to work at BMO on King and Bay. Didn't know where to park, only ever took the public transit.
Others will chime in.

Hey Ryan,

I started parking on Temparance St, two blocks north of King ... and there are a few other areas a few blocks in each direction. It's all first come first park I guess and that means mixing it up with the cars / trucks. After I leave my bike, I get nervous at work sometimes wondering ... will that car back into my bike when leaving? .... sometimes it can test your nerves ... ugh

Back
Top Bottom