Take some parenting lessons folks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Take some parenting lessons folks

wonder what the headline would read if it was a man beating a younger woman... "dad of the year"?, probably not...

油井緋色;2299753 said:
Please tell me you're joking with regards to beating your kids.
The kid in the video he posted absolutely deserved a shot upside the head. Don't get me wrong I'm not for abusing your kids but if that was me and my kid was being a little punk like that he'd better worry more about me than cops.

The kid in the video he posted absolutely deserved a shot upside the head. Don't get me wrong I'm not for abusing your kids but if that was me and my kid was being a little punk like that he'd better worry more about me than cops.

Completely agree. But...

Belonging to a typical Chinese family though where kids are beaten for inability to tie shoe laces, not eating their food, or playing a few notes out of tune on whatever instrument...well, there's a fine line right? lol

油井緋色;2299753 said:
Please tell me you're joking with regards to beating your kids.

Yes, I get a lot of your dumbass kids in my store. They steal, create problems and often get reported to the school.

The kids who don't create problems and are decent have huge parental involvement in their development. If you can't watch your kids then atleast beat your kids straight.

Yes, I get a lot of your dumbass kids in my store. They steal, create problems and often get reported to the school.

The kids who don't create problems and are decent have huge parental involvement in their development. If you can't watch your kids then atleast beat your kids straight.

Not referring to the video, the kid deserved it lol

But beating your kids when they are younger creates fear, especially because they don't know any better yet.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Times have changed. My parents didn't have to beat me. I knew if I screwed around too much it was a given that I'd get one. Fear yes but in my day kids wernet ******** like now. Kids today think they're invincible and have no respect.

The kids who don't create problems and are decent have huge parental involvement in their development.

Parental involvement is the key. Teaching your kids what is right and wrong and leading by example will make better young adults not violence.

If you can't watch your kids then atleast beat your kids straight.

Beating kids does not make them behave better. It just teaches them that violence is the way to change behaviour of others. Most wife abusers where beaten as kids. Coincidence?

I've raised two children and never once have I ever used corporal punishment on either of them. Never.

I remember once when my son was about 5 years old he was at a neighbors birthday party and some kid hit him with a stick. Immediately the kids father grabbed his son and shouted "don't hit people" and smacked him. What kind of message does that send?

油井緋色;2299799 said:
Completely agree. But...

Belonging to a typical Chinese family though where kids are beaten for inability to tie shoe laces, not eating their food, or playing a few notes out of tune on whatever instrument...well, there's a fine line right? lol
Everything has to be in moderation. You can't teach common sense.

I see kids these days, rowdy, rude, have no respect for older folks.

Spare the rod, spoil the child
Times have changed. My parents didn't have to beat me. I knew if I screwed around too much it was a given that I'd get one. Fear yes but in my day kids wernet ******** like now. Kids today think they're invincible and have no respect.
That's because they remove corporal punishment today

This pretty much sums it up:

[video=youtube_share;6CpKKQrhqkw]http://youtu.be/6CpKKQrhqkw[/video]

If they're old enough to understand what you're saying, they're too old for a spanking. When they're able to have an adult like conversation it's too late to start spanking them.

There is also a HUGE difference between spanking and beating.

Both mine were spanked as children and I'm shocked at how well behaved they are.

Wonder how many non-wife beaters were punished as kids? Coincidence?

So, if you have mutts....can you just half beat them?

Actually I hate to admit it but I think he has a point. My sample size is rather small but without a large enough study this would be impossible to prove so...

I have friends who weren't beaten as kids that never see violence as a solution. On the other hand, I have a friend who went to elementary school bruised up numerous times, once for being unable to tie his shoe laces. The reasoning he finally got from his parents recently was "we wanted you to be better than everyone else".

...If I ever got into a fight, I'd call him. I'll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom