Help choosing an enclosed trailer for track days | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help choosing an enclosed trailer for track days

How do you have them strapped down in there? The side closest to the wall on each bike specifically?
MdRKlRU.jpg

Ok I found a 6x10 used all aluminum for sale near me. The problem is its black, does anyone have a black trailer they use for track days and is it as hot inside as I imagine it would be? Is it better to just stay clear of a black one?

My 6x10 is black. With the ramp down and door open its alright. I don't hang out inside unless its raining or bedtime.

My 6x10 is black. With the ramp down and door open its alright. I don't hang out inside unless its raining or bedtime.

This. Also add roof vents if it doesn't have any.

we got a 6x10 made for our two bikes (FZ6R and FZ1) from Best 4 Less trailers in Vanastra...we got two chocks (not the cheap ones either), 8 d-rings, e-track along the walls, ramp door, side man door. roof vent, interior light, shore power outlet, 15" radial tires, e-brake for just under $4,000...give Ron a call and tell him Ivana and Bob sent you...it's all aluminum with steel frame...very well built...no screws either on the seams...ours is a v-nose...easily towed behind our Santa Fe... http://www.best4lesstrailers.com/ ...

Do you know the weight of your trailer unloaded? Also do you have any pics of your trailer? I think I am going to go check them out this week if I can get up there. I heard they have a bit of a waiting list to get a trailer made though. Went and saw a 5x8 aluminum today it was a Neo in great shape but it really seemed small inside. I was figuring two bikes, stands, ezup, spares, chairs, fuel etc was going to be extremely tight in there (or not possible at all) Also the spare was mounted inside I would need to fix that since it was taking up valuable real-estate. I like how Kellen has his mounted not sure there is room there on a v nose though.

+2.

Do you know the weight of your trailer unloaded? Also do you have any pics of your trailer? I think I am going to go check them out this week if I can get up there. I heard they have a bit of a waiting list to get a trailer made though. Went and saw a 5x8 aluminum today it was a Neo in great shape but it really seemed small inside. I was figuring two bikes, stands, ezup, spares, chairs, fuel etc was going to be extremely tight in there (or not possible at all) Also the spare was mounted inside I would need to fix that since it was taking up valuable real-estate. I like how Kellen has his mounted not sure there is room there on a v nose though.
sYy730p.jpg

My 5x8 with two R6, ramp, fuel, toolboxes, compressor, inverter generator, canopy, milk crate, and honda Z50R.

The rims, stands, spares, cooler, gear and the rest went in the truck.

The only real "problem" is strapping the second bike in. That's why I have the milk crate in here. You have to duck and step over the bars in the middle to get in front to strap it down, then back. Milk crate or whatever makes it easy.

Last edited:
That's awesome Kellen, thanks for the pic. Just to update this thread in the end I ordered one from Best4lesstrailers it will be ready around June 11 hopefully. I did end up going with a 6x10 because I want to use it to store all my stuff as well. I think the 5x8 would have been fine for the two bikes but by the time I added all the other things it was not all going to fit without using up car space. This way I can leave the trailer packed and ready to go if the weather turns out nice and I can sneak a day off work.

I will post some pics when I get the trailer.

That's awesome Kellen, thanks for the pic. Just to update this thread in the end I ordered one from Best4lesstrailers it will be ready around June 11 hopefully. I did end up going with a 6x10 because I want to use it to store all my stuff as well. I think the 5x8 would have been fine for the two bikes but by the time I added all the other things it was not all going to fit without using up car space. This way I can leave the trailer packed and ready to go if the weather turns out nice and I can sneak a day off work.

I will post some pics when I get the trailer.
Good call. 6x10 would be just about perfect. Would love to have one too. The only reason I have a 5x8 is I got it for next to nothing. Friends dad needed to get rid of it and sold to me for $800. Needed a little wiring and a bit of grinding and temclad but otherwise good shape. Figured I would use it until I see a 6x10 for the same type of deal then flip the 5x8 haha.

My avalanche makes it possible with the locking bed/box where everything else goes.

Was using an open 4x8 for 5 or 6 years before but only one race bike/two MX bikes.

Last edited:
Muscling that trailer through the NC hills must be a nightmare.

Wasn't bad. We go east around the mountain on 25/74/28 and up over Santeelah on 143. Getting to the base of the Cherohala is a little more challenging but you just have to go slow so as not to drop a wheel. I only dropped one off once but in my defense it was 4:30am and we'd been driving 18 hours. :/

Fantastic riding this year, about 2100km on the bikes. Reaffirmed that the Tuono is definitely the bike for the Gap. The RSV4 is great but not nearly as fun or as quick on the Dragon without putting in twice the effort.

I'm also looking for an enclosed trailer, so this the timing of this thread is perfect.
Just a couple of comments. Trailer brakes are something you don't pay attention to until you need them.
If your trailer weighs over 1,000 lbs empty and you put two 400 lb motorcycles into it, plus your gear for a weekend,
you're going to be over 2,000 lbs travelling weight. That's asking a lot of your caravan brakes on a hill or an emergency stop.
That's not something I'd be willing to compromise on myself.

I've been hunting for 7 months scouring ads on kijiji, the local papers, dealer lots and watching for for-sale signs.
If you think the overpriced used motorcycle thread is crazy you wouldn't believe what people think they can get for
a used cargo trailer! LOL There aren't many savings to be had in the used market

No kidding. People asking almost new prices with beat up 10 year old trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also looking for an enclosed trailer, so this the timing of this thread is perfect.
Just a couple of comments. Trailer brakes are something you don't pay attention to until you need them.
If your trailer weighs over 1,000 lbs empty and you put two 400 lb motorcycles into it, plus your gear for a weekend,
you're going to be over 2,000 lbs travelling weight. That's asking a lot of your caravan brakes on a hill or an emergency stop.
That's not something I'd be willing to compromise on myself.

I've been hunting for 7 months scouring ads on kijiji, the local papers, dealer lots and watching for for-sale signs.
If you think the overpriced used motorcycle thread is crazy you wouldn't believe what people think they can get for
a used cargo trailer! LOL There aren't many savings to be had in the used market

You are welcome to borrow mine, any time I'm not using it. Pit bull trs pins won't fit your bikes, so you could check and see if there is pins for your bikes. Text or call me. I have a pretty good idea what dates I need it for. Oh I don't have brakes on it. Not sure what you are pulling it with.

Last edited:
you're going to be over 2,000 lbs travelling weight.

Dropped two friends off Sunday night after the Deal's Gap trip. It's incredible how much easier the trailer pulled minus two guys and two bikes. This with a 6L / 6 speed truck.

As I said before, don't cheap out on brakes.

Used trailers are very expensive. I couldn't find one for a decent price so I just had a new one built. This way I get what I wanted in it. The brakes were like $160 to add. At that price they all should have them lol.

Dropped two friends off Sunday night after the Deal's Gap trip. It's incredible how much easier the trailer pulled minus two guys and two bikes. This with a 6L / 6 speed truck.

As I said before, don't cheap out on brakes.
So you shed 1400lbs and it was noticable, .that's more than my empty trailer.
I can coast down a 7 percent grade loaded without touching my brakes.

So you shed 1400lbs and it was noticable, .that's more than my empty trailer.
I can coast down a 7 percent grade loaded without touching my brakes.

It's a *very* powerful truck. Just saying... and so can I... transmission has "trailer mode" as long as you can get over your mechanical sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom