PVC Pipe and it's many uses.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

PVC Pipe and it's many uses....

GateKeeper

Well for a quick bike stand, or as a spare one, or if your a cheap SOB, you can make your own out of PVC pipe.....

I don't have the measurements of this particular one, just saw the image and thought I would share.....

Sort of a neat idea....

stand.jpg

A rod through the Axle with two Axle Stands on both sides would be more secure. That thing looks scary, smooth plastic aganist a smooth swing arm = slideeeeee

LOL I like it. I wouldn't use it myself due to structural integrity concerns but I like it. If it were me I would add two Y-intersections on each side as a brace. I might also fill the inside of the pipe with spray foam or fiberglass rods to add some strength.

A rod through the Axle with two Axle Stands on both sides would be more secure. That thing looks scary, smooth plastic aganist a smooth swing arm = slideeeeee

yup you are correct, but a bit of rubber on top and no more slideeeeeeee,,,,,lol

or if you have spools, even better.....

LOL I like it. I wouldn't use it myself due to structural integrity concerns but I like it. If it were me I would add two Y-intersections on each side as a brace. I might also fill the inside of the pipe with spray foam or fiberglass rods to add some strength.

That PVC pipe is pretty strong, but a bit of bracing wouldn't hurt....

I was just thinking, if your in a pinch or need a quick fix, this could be the trick.....maybe for winter storage only.....or just buy a cheap set of metal ones.....

I'm sure it will hold well for a little while. My main structural concern would be the leverage force acting upon it. Once it's up I think it would stay put fairly well.

Don't quote me but I think I paid 50 bucks for my stand. But of course it was made from actual steel.

The other change I would make is tilting the vertical pipe back a little bit. The weight of the bike is pushing straight down the tube and onto the rounded corner. I imagine it would only take a little nudge forward for it to kick out.

Props for building your own though. There is a certain sense of satisfaction one gets from making things instead of buying them.

Back
Top Bottom