Can taxpayers sue school board for breach of contract? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can taxpayers sue school board for breach of contract?

Or the ones not really committed to teaching.

I already mentioned those I don't deny they exist but commitment does not pay the rent

would you rather your child's teacher be motivated by money or by desire to teach?

Neither. I want them to be motivated by the desire to excel at teaching not to merely do it. However people are looking at graduating at 24/23 and then spending 7 years struggling to even get a full time job (and then they will be low on the seniority roster)and putting their life on hold and some of those with motivation are going to look someplace else to achieve what they want in life. Especially since 25-28 is the time these people are getting into relationships and looking to settle down only to have a union that isn't even trying to promote the best and the brightest, opting to give preference seniority.

looking for big bucks shouldn't get into teaching.

Its one thing to not look for big bucks its another to enter a system that isn't set up to get the best possible people into the job and not really support them. And that a criticism of both union and the school board system the entire thing needs to be reformed imo

Last edited:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...an-ontario-teachers-paycheque/article6015968/

Salary
Annual starting salary for a new teacher at lowest and highest pay rates: $45,709, $55,404
Salary for a teacher with more than 10 years of service at the lowest and highest pay rates: $76,021, $94,707
(Teachers can reach the top pay scale 10 years after starting their careers. Within each pay scale there are four groups, which are based on teachers’ education and extra training, as well as years of experience. The pay raises based on years of teaching have taken effect automatically on Sept. 1. In Bill 115, the government has imposed a delay to Feb. 1 and asked teachers to also take three unpaid days.)

I think they are up to 96k now
african-american-businesswoman-throwing-money-in-the-air.jpg

Last edited:
45-55k to start isn't bad.. and almost $100k after 10 years ain't bad either. Keeping in mind again that they still have 50 working days per year to do with as they wish.

How does one get at the conclusion that they aren't paid enough anyway? What do you compare it to? I'm just not sure. Perhaps we lean on teachers for too much, and parenting takes a back seat. I'll certainly be keeping that one in mind when Im a parent.

I spent a lot of time at my Grandmothers house , she taught school, ran a farm, active in her church , traveled 6wks in the summer, retired really well and never spoke of an issue that I heard.

For teachers that pisss and moan , she ran the last one room school in Halton County just outside Campbellville which closed in 1967, when she moved to a real school in North halton. Grades 1 thru 8 , did all prep, was the principal and janitor and shoveled the walks . She hated the unions and what they did in her estimation to the give a pooop factor in a lot of membership.

If you intend to sue any government on any matter it better be worth millions or you should have a million or two of your own as mad money.

They don't want a precedent so will fight you tooth and nail. They have the biggest law firms standing by. They don't care how long it takes. They don't care if you get crushed. And of course you pay their legal fees through your taxes.

Even if they theoretically lose it tends to come as a resolution with a gag order to never speak of it in public. The settlements are not what you see south of the border.

And on the news..

http://www.cp24.com/news/classes-ca...l-students-as-teachers-go-on-strike-1.2356446

Classes are cancelled for thousands of students in Peel Region Monday as high school teachers at the Peel District School Board go on strike.
“Since we cannot ensure the safety of students during a secondary teachers' strike, we have no choice but to close all Peel board secondary schools (grades 9 to 12) to students as of May 4. Please do not send your teen to school during the strike,” the school board said on its website early Monday.
The move comes after talks broke down between the Ontario Secondary School teachers Federation and the board after a midnight strike deadline.
Photos

The two parties talked throughout the weekend and late into Sunday night, hoping to carve out a deal.
However the OSSTF informed the board early Monday that all secondary teachers and secondary occasional teachers would be on strike as of Monday.
Due to the strike, the following measures will be in place as of Monday, the board said:

• All regular instructional programs for grade 9 to 12 students are cancelled.
  • Secondary extracurricular activities, field trips and school events are cancelled.
  • Buses for secondary students will not operate. Buses will continue their routes for elementary students only. Buses to provincial schools will continue.
  • The Peel board's eLearning courses will not continue.
  • Night School classes will not run.
  • Both elementary and secondary International Language classes are cancelled.
  • Teachers may be picketing outside Peel secondary schools. Picketing is not expected to take place outside Peel elementary schools.
  • Students writing International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) exams are reminded that exams will continue at off-site locations.

Back
Top Bottom