Best Budget Dual Sport Helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Budget Dual Sport Helmet

Chasem

Hey guys,

As I'm getting more serious about dual sporting I am inclined to actually purchase a dual sport helmet. Currently my Shoei QWEST breathes absolutely no air on trails (I am left gasping for air..... and i'm out of shape). Not really looking for anything super expensive... < $250 preferably. Also after taking a few tree branches to the face.. I am less inclined to buy something super shiny :p

Right now the most promising < $250 helmets that i can find are:

* Bell MX-9 Adventure
* LS2 MX453
* AFX FX-39 / 41
* Fly Trekker

The Bell MX-9 adventure seems to be leading the pack.. what do you think? anything I didn't think of?

I'd go mx helmet and goggles, more airflow, better view on trails.

I'd go mx helmet and goggles, more airflow, better view on trails.

Yep, I just went full out MX helmet for my DRZ rides... I happened to buy a Bell, but I just went to Royal and tried on a bunch of helmets until I found the one that fit the best. It was also only $125... and Royal has a tax free event going on now: http://www.royaldistributing.com/Catalogues/Main/2015-Spring-Fall/#32/z

The next key buy was a set of goggles and a roko quick strap. I wish now that I bought tinted goggles though, because clear goggles over my sunglasses hurts the bridge of my nose.

MX helmets certainly catch a lot of wind on the highway though... but probably no matter what you get will be a compromise between what is best for the trails and what is best on the road.

I don't expect this helmet to last too long... there are many times I have had branches bounce off my head while trying to skirt around the edge of a mud pit.

Last edited:
+1 on the Roko quick strap. Love it, have one on every mx helmet.

I would do the MX Helmet / Goggles... but I really can't stand goggles with my perscription glasses. I will have to check out Royal...

I have had exactly 1 motorcycle helmet so take that into account but I like my Fly trekker because I can wear goggles and still put the visor down.

Hey guys,

As I'm getting more serious about dual sporting I am inclined to actually purchase a dual sport helmet. Currently my Shoei QWEST breathes absolutely no air on trails (I am left gasping for air..... and i'm out of shape). Not really looking for anything super expensive... < $250 preferably. Also after taking a few tree branches to the face.. I am less inclined to buy something super shiny :p

Right now the most promising < $250 helmets that i can find are:

* Bell MX-9 Adventure
* LS2 MX453
* AFX FX-39 / 41
* Fly Trekker

The Bell MX-9 adventure seems to be leading the pack.. what do you think? anything I didn't think of?

princess auto has a helmet identical to the Fly Trekker for $99
only difference is the name on it. Sorry I can't remember what it's called.

Back
Top Bottom