Requesting a trial option for a friend | GTAMotorcycle.com

Requesting a trial option for a friend

油井緋色

Site Supporter
As topic states.

Does the friend have to be there or can I just go down to 137 Edward Street and ask?

Also, do I file for disclosure now or later?

I've done this before but I had to mail the request for court date and didn't send the disclosure request until I received a response.

Anyone...? =(

Edit: Derp, didn't really read between the lines lol

Last edited:
Edit: Derp, didn't really read between the lines lol

No I'm literally asking exactly what I'm asking. I don't want to waste my time going downtown during rush hour, asking for a trial for my friend with their ticket, and being told the friend needs to be there.

As for the disclosure stuff, I can't ****ing read the officer's name on the ticket nor do I have his badge number so I'll have to wait until I get the info to make the request for disclosure.

As long as it's signed, anyone can deliver the ticket and request trial....I think. What does it say on the back?

Says Option 3 - Trial Option - I intend to appear in court to plead not guilty and to have an English trial. You or your representative must attend in person at the court office shown below within the times and days shown to file a notice of intention to appear in court. Bring this notice with you.

Hm, guess that answers that. They better not ask me for proof that my friend wants me to bring it for them -_-

Just in case, have your friend sign a note stating you are representing him. Probably not necessary, cause anyone can go in to file Option 3. AFAIK

Yes anyone can "represent" an accused for the purposes of requesting a trial. it only becomes an issue when dispoing of the charge, (trial). You can even attend and enter a guilty plea on someones behalf.

油井緋色;2299135 said:
Says Option 3 - Trial Option - I intend to appear in court to plead not guilty and to have an English trial. You or your representative must attend in person at the court office shown below within the times and days shown to file a notice of intention to appear in court. Bring this notice with you.

Hm, guess that answers that. They better not ask me for proof that my friend wants me to bring it for them -_-

We've only done this once, so not a lot of experience. We needed to go down to their office in person to request a court date.

As for disclosure, as per advice gleaned from GTAM, we waited for our court date document to come in the mail before we signed and submitted, in person, the request for disclosure form. The idea is to let some time pass so the cop can forget where his put his notes, but leave sufficient time before the trial date to actually receive disclosure.

Just in case, have your friend sign a note stating you are representing him. Probably not necessary, cause anyone can go in to file Option 3. AFAIK

Weird part is there's nowhere to sign anything on the back...just says to bring the ticket in. Not seeing friend till the weekend.

Yes anyone can "represent" an accused for the purposes of requesting a trial. it only becomes an issue when dispoing of the charge, (trial). You can even attend and enter a guilty plea on someones behalf.

Do I need a note?

Thanks everyone! Will be heading down tmr.

油井緋色;2299228 said:
Weird part is there's nowhere to sign anything on the back...just says to bring the ticket in. Not seeing friend till the weekend.

Do I need a note?

Thanks everyone! Will be heading down tmr.

A note won't hurt, but also isn't required. If your entering a plea etc, then they will ask you to state and spell your name for the court record, (that way your friend can't later claim, they didn't have anyone "appear" on thier behalf, and ask fo the matter to be reopened). In this instance you are merely requesting a trial. There will be no actual disposition of the case.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom