Hi I'm new here and I have a bunch of questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi I'm new here and I have a bunch of questions

Innisfil will be closer for the op. Also, there is a shop on Elgin Mills, but I have not been there yet.

Hey Welcome. I was in the same position as you about 4 years ago. 0 riding experience.
1. Booked M1 - passed.
2. Bought a Yamaha R6.
3. Took a course in Humber College.

I got insurance through State Farm. If I were you I'd try to get a quote first with the current bike that you have, also try getting a quote on a 2nd option bike (if your bike fails to be fixed). If your satisfied and commit to the insurance premium then start getting your M1.

Personally 250cc would be ideal as a first bike, I went and got a 600cc SS instead as I knew eventually I would upgrade.
On another note. You can chill without insurance for now. Get your M1 then M2 and maybe shop around then.
Wish you all the best. Ride safe. Rubber side down, Tank side up.

Hey Welcome. I was in the same position as you about 4 years ago. 0 riding experience.
1. Booked M1 - passed.
2. Bought a Yamaha R6.
3. Took a course in Humber College.

I got insurance through State Farm. If I were you I'd try to get a quote first with the current bike that you have, also try getting a quote on a 2nd option bike (if your bike fails to be fixed). If your satisfied and commit to the insurance premium then start getting your M1.

Personally 250cc would be ideal as a first bike, I went and got a 600cc SS instead as I knew eventually I would upgrade.
On another note. You can chill without insurance for now. Get your M1 then M2 and maybe shop around then.
Wish you all the best. Ride safe. Rubber side down, Tank side up.

Yeah I'm definitely going to wait out getting insurance until everything else is done.

Actually you should get at least a quote on how much insurance will run you, and who will insure your,,,,this will determine what bike your going to ride, and if your going to ride at all......get on the phone and make a few calls, at least that don't cost you anything but your time....

OP,

just went thru this exact process starting March 5 and here's what I can tell you worked for me:
i got the M1. Then I booked my course, it was two weeks ago. Meantime, I researched bikes and found what I wanted. AFTER I Passed my course, I bought the bike. I will be converting to M2 next week.

i know the temptation is there to buy the bike B4 the course but I highly recommend you wait till after. You wanna see if this is right for you and that you feel comfortable. You really shouldn't ride with an M1 if you haven't taken a course in my opinion, I learned so much from the course that I can't imagine how I would have been able to safely ride before it otherwise.

also, throughout the two months, I priced out lots of insurance companies so that when it was time to buy my bike I knew which one I would be going with.

If you're only 23, how did you select such a cool username?

Haha Hackers is a good movie.

OP,

just went thru this exact process starting March 5 and here's what I can tell you worked for me:
i got the M1. Then I booked my course, it was two weeks ago. Meantime, I researched bikes and found what I wanted. AFTER I Passed my course, I bought the bike. I will be converting to M2 next week.

i know the temptation is there to buy the bike B4 the course but I highly recommend you wait till after. You wanna see if this is right for you and that you feel comfortable. You really shouldn't ride with an M1 if you haven't taken a course in my opinion, I learned so much from the course that I can't imagine how I would have been able to safely ride before it otherwise.

also, throughout the two months, I priced out lots of insurance companies so that when it was time to buy my bike I knew which one I would be going with.

Yeah I'm going with a similar approach for sure.

Good luck on the course. A bike stored for 20 years could cost more than to resurrect than buying one that already runs. Damn I loved my XS 650 Special!!

Back
Top Bottom