Why Introverts Will Love Motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Introverts Will Love Motorcycles

Great video. I too am an introvert.

A reason motorcycling is good for me is because I talk to people who I otherwise wouldn't have said a word to.

If I see them carrying a helmet or standing beside their bike, I typically approach the person and start a conversation with them. Something I otherwise wouldn't do, say at a random party or something.

That's how I am with most of the hobbies I take interest in as well. Music, guitar, video games etc. If I see someone who's interested in the same things I am it's easier to start a conversation.

Motorcycling provides that medium used as a conversation starter and it helps to meet new people.

Lots of extroverts at Timmies

How will you see me in your next video?

Good video...I'm more introvert than extrovert, and feel the same way on most if not all of your points. To me, riding isn't about going stupid fast and taking risks...it's a way to unwind, relax, and be alone in my thoughts, while being on 2 wheels (just me, machine, and road). I've also always loved vehicles, so while doing something like fishing would drive me crazy, riding is perfect.

Also, riding has helped me expand my social circle far more than if I never got a bike. Group ride points are bang on...typically small group, and you both get to spend time alone but with others, but also have fun and joke around before, after, and at stops during a ride. To me this is much better than spending a long time feeling like you always need to be 'on' and always need to be thinking of something else to make conversation about after you run out of things to say.

One other point too -- Although I'll complain about having to do work on the bike or car, there is a certain zen and simplicity about it. In my job I have to deal with people day in and out, plus work with computers (servers, software, some programming, etc)...what is nice about the bike is that it is mechanical, and turn a bolt one way it gets loose and turn it the other and it gets tighter. After dealing with things all week that sometimes make little to no sense at all, it is nice to do something like an oil change, chain work, etc where it is all simple manual work that needs to be done.

Last edited:
What's with the introverts seeking attention with videos and posting threads? Should you be avoiding people???

What's with the introverts seeking attention with videos and posting threads? Should you be avoiding people???
That would be a recluse. Introverts still want social engagement, but more on our terms instead of trying to fit in with the moods and thoughts of others.

I prefer to ride on my own. However, I will socialize with other bikers. I also do headstands on the bike. What does that make me?

Good video BrownBrady, very well made. I don't like labels too much, I'm just a person who likes to do some stuff and not like to do some other stuff.

Yeah, this was a good video. nicely made points, and easy to watch/listen to.

Keep up the good work man! :D

I'm an introvert too. This GTAm forum has helped me come out of my shell. Enjoyed the video!

Back
Top Bottom