jack up car one side at a time. safe? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

jack up car one side at a time. safe?

And the cheap version is a drill-operated pump at $10.49 plus tax and a length of refrigerator ice-maker water supply tubing if still needed to step down tubing size. You just have to supply your own pail.

This is pretty much what I use.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/self-priming-drill-pump/A-p5770771e

5770771.jpg

Will this work with tranny/diff oil? I hate filling those.

Why the sewer? Don't you have a creek nearby?

you guys put too much effort into that, i just throw mine over the fence into my neighbours pool!

you guys put too much effort into that, i just throw mine over the fence into my neighbours pool!

Won't that create an oil slick?

On my 944 the only jack points are in the middle of the car. You jack one side, put jackstands on each corner, go to the other side and jack that one.

Those oil pump things only work on cars with oil filters in the top, which are only a few European models, as far as I know. I used to use on my diesel Jetta all the time but the last 4+ cars I've owned all have traditional, lower, oil filters.

Jack up one side and down the other and then jack off.

On my 944 the only jack points are in the middle of the car. You jack one side, put jackstands on each corner, go to the other side and jack that one.

Those oil pump things only work on cars with oil filters in the top, which are only a few European models, as far as I know. I used to use on my diesel Jetta all the time but the last 4+ cars I've owned all have traditional, lower, oil filters.

I put the tubing down the dipstick hole. Tubing reaches right down into the oil pan. Oil filter location is irrelevant.

I just spend the money on oil change and never worry about any of the oil change related crap ... I see it's not an easy one to get right (3pages on GTAM) ... LOL

I just spend the money on oil change and never worry about any of the oil change related crap ... I see it's not an easy one to get right (3pages on GTAM) ... LOL

not when its a few hundred dollars for an oil change, and more than a hundred is just for the labor, no thanks, I'd rather keep that in my pocket

I put the tubing down the dipstick hole. Tubing reaches right down into the oil pan. Oil filter location is irrelevant.
If the filter is on the bottom, like most are, there is no point in buying and using a fancy pump when you need to lift the car to get under to change the filter anyway. Sure, you COULD use the pump, but why bother?

If the filter is on the bottom, like most are, there is no point in buying and using a fancy pump when you need to lift the car to get under to change the filter anyway. Sure, you COULD use the pump, but why bother?

Not true for all cars. On many the filter is easier to get to from the top.

Not true for all cars. On many the filter is easier to get to from the top.
Yeah. I said those pumps are good for cars like that...?

Back
Top Bottom