Saturday May 2nd - Muskoka Spring Ride | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saturday May 2nd - Muskoka Spring Ride

You guys made very good time, based on the last post on departure and the first post on arrival.

I'm sorry I missed it, but I decided since I am going to be up in that area next weekend that I would do the ODSC Blue Water run and get my gravel legs back before attempting the Nipissing Trail. I ended up riding 691km today, Mississauga to London to St. Clair River to Grand Bend and back to Mississauga with a lot of back roads -- and all of them are freshly graded so they are very loose and very dusty.

Did you guys end up doing Southwood?

BTW thanks Shane for the directions - they were perfect. It was a fun ride but have to admit after the boat launch break I was ready for a little more smooth sailing - or at least smoother pavement :) My little old lady muscles felt it when I hit Hamilton -but at the end of the day, I think the new bike is definitely "tourable" so thanks again for letting me tag along!

Thanks for posting the map. I did the route today but didn't hit the big loop north of Rosseau. Very nice roads indeed.

Boooya: The 518 was awesome. It did have some sand in some spots, but often there were clean tire tracks to choose. For the most part it was clean. There was one or two very tight 90 degree turns that had a thin layer of sand across them, but overall it was one of the best roads of the route.

Beastie: We didn't do Southwood because by the time we finished the route it was 4:30 and it had been a good day to that point. No need to go and spoil it with having to pull someones bike out of the water. Glad you made it home nicely and thanks for joining up.

Bikerider: That whole area north of Rosseau is pretty sweet - check it out when you get a chance - especially by mid summer, the roads will be nice and clean. If you haven't seen it, go check the sticky in the cruising/touring section for more good roads.

Would love to tag along next time. Looks like thunderstorms staring to roll in this week.. Hopefully roads will get cleared up

Back
Top Bottom