Saturday May 2nd - Muskoka Spring Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saturday May 2nd - Muskoka Spring Ride

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
If anyone wants to join, I want to go and check out a few roads and hope to do this on May 2nd. I'm leading a larger ride the next day and want to test this route out for the stop points and road quality.

Probably leaving around 8am from Mississauga and plan to be home by 6pm. Can meet up along the way wherever it works in Mississauga, Toronto or Barrie area. I will probably bring lunch and eat somewhere along the route, because there are a few scenic stops along the route and it saves time.

This is not a ride for new riders - expecting to do about 800km with a decent amount of twisty roads. Pace will be reasonable and respectful - first ride north for the season, so I'm not sure what the road conditions will be like. Will check out the usual suspects like Big Chute, Bala #38, Mortimers' Point, Peninsula Rd, Swords Rd, #518, Ravenscliffe Rd and Aspdin Rd#3. If Southwood Rd13 has been swept, then I will definitely hit that as the last road before the slab home. If everyone coming wants to sneak in a short gravel run along Nipissing Rd, I am all up for it, but the intent of this ride is a paved route.

Here's the revised route: https://goo.gl/maps/5iuxF - nothing fancy with a couple of nice spots to stop at for pictures and breaks. Round trip from Mississauga should be around 700km and 10hrs

Meeting spots:
West: Tim Hortons just south of the Hwy 401 on Hurontario - leaving by 8am
Toronto: Tim Hortons at Weston Rd and Hwy 401 - leaving by 8:30am
North: Tim Hortons/Shell on Innisfil Beach Rd just east of Hwy 400 - leaving around 9am

Last edited:
I might be up for it Shane.

It is the same day as the ODSC Blue Water run from London to Lake St. Clair via back roads, but they will be posting their gpx files so I could always do that run later in the season.

I would love to come if it's not a gravel ride lol

I wanna ride the gravel stuff!

I may be in for this, gotta check with the family as I'm going north on May 9 with Demonpig and crew.

I'm also planning to go on May 9th for Demonpigs ride. That's going to be a fun one and not to be missed, so definitely take that one over this if you had to choose.

I worked a lot of hours these past few months and planning to work a ton more over the summer, so these two weekends will have to hold me off for a while.

Rockerguy: This is a paved ride. I would only do a 30 minute stretch of twisty gravel if every rider joining wants to. For me this ride is more about enjoying a nice ride while checking out the paved roads and the timing of where the rest spots are for a ride I'm doing later. And besides, the plan is to do gravel the next weekend anyways.

I'll check with the better half & let you know as time progresses

thanks for posting the route. I'll have to check it out someday.. hopefully Spring arrives soon though.. was cold out today

I might be in for this. Depends on work. Will know closer to the date and while I will ride gravel if I absolutely have to I would prefer not to

Gonna be in the area with a big group of cagers (20-30) on the same date. Be safe everyone!

For anyone interested, I'm thinking of the following meet spots in the morning if needed - and am open to whatever as long as it's on the way.
West: Tim Hortons just south of the Hwy 401 on Hurontario - leaving by 8am
North: Tim Hortons/Shell on Innisfil Beach Rd just east of Hwy 400 - leaving around 9am

Paved roads only - no gravel or dirt. Will definitely post up road conditions of all the roads after coming back.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I'm thinking of the following meet spots in the morning if needed - and am open to whatever as long as it's on the way.
West: Tim Hortons just south of the Hwy 401 on Hurontario - leaving around 8am

Paved roads only - no gravel or dirt. Will definitely post up road conditions of all the roads after coming back.

Might be a good opportunity to give the new bike a test on riding longer distances. Help me plan my touring agenda for the rest of the year. If it turns out too long a ride for me, I can cut out - I don't need a babysitter to get home from Muskoka :) Would meet up at the Hurontario spot, as I'm coming from Hamilton.

Nice to have any or all of you join. I revised the route at the end to add in a few nicer roads.
https://goo.gl/maps/zyPVs

I was planning on just bringing my lunch with me and eating at a nice scenic spot along the way - probably the boat launch at Buck Lake off Ravenscliffe Rd, but if any of you want to stop somewhere, then maybe Crossroads Restaurant in Rosseau could work around 11:30am or we should be passing back by that area again around 2pm. I could always be convinced to eat their food if everyone is into that.
Cheers!

Ill be at the "Toronto" spot to meet you guys. So pack some snacks in the ole backpack??

Dang man you hitting up all my roads lol
Great - you can guide us back on course after I get us lost. And I just noticed I missed Coopers Falls Road to end it off, so I added that in too.
https://goo.gl/maps/5iuxF

Ill be at the "Toronto" spot to meet you guys. So pack some snacks in the ole backpack??
I'll have a top case with me that holds a lot of stuff, so I can throw in there anything you don't want to be riding around with.

Great - you can guide us back on course after I get us lost. And I just noticed I missed Coopers Falls Road to end it off, so I added that in too.
https://goo.gl/maps/5iuxF

I'll have a top case with me that holds a lot of stuff, so I can throw in there anything you don't want to be riding around with.

dang- I cant make saturday. Going to save your route for another day.. but would love to ride with you sometime, will keep an eye out for your rides :)

Back
Top Bottom