Non Pump Fuel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Non Pump Fuel

Nice numbers, I have seen newer bikes for top racers with less HP - Who's dyno?
He has been dyno tuning for 15 years , it was his educated guess based on years of experience building engines and dyno tuning
Obviously it's not 100 percent but seems 6 whp loss is around right with light weight rims

This used to be my signature, but Paulo didn't like it.

He has been dyno tuning for 15 years , it was his educated guess based on years of experience building engines and dyno tuning
Obviously it's not 100 percent but seems 6 whp loss is around right with light weight rims

Cool, impressive numbers!

PS that fuel smells great when you go by me haha

Cool, impressive numbers!

PS that fuel smells great when you go by me haha

Haha
The thing with that motor is in unsure what had been done to it , I bought it used it was safety wired, case covers changed, manual cct, block offs, ect
When I put it in and dyno tuned it on straight pump it made 15 hp more hen my last motor , and the way it responded to the race fuel was an indication of the compression not being stock. I can tell from the way it "feels" it's not had too much done to it maybe top end and head gasket but it for sure pulls hard

The CSBK AM SBK winner had significantly less than that last year according to the national Dyno.

Ya all dynos read different , maybe less maybe more I didn't care about the numbers my bike made only the tune.

Haha
The thing with that motor is in unsure what had been done to it , I bought it used it was safety wired, case covers changed, manual cct, block offs, ect
When I put it in and dyno tuned it on straight pump it made 15 hp more hen my last motor , and the way it responded to the race fuel was an indication of the compression not being stock. I can tell from the way it "feels" it's not had too much done to it maybe top end and head gasket but it for sure pulls hard

Wish PC3 could run multiple maps...made 112.5 on 91, would easily be 120+ on race fuel

Get a good pump tune.

I've been thinking about it. The bike runs very well, and is very fast as it is, but it could probably be better. It was also tuned at higher altitude than us. Maybe the altitude difference and pump gas vs. oxygenated race gas has evened it out. Plus I've had to change the can so that will affect it too...

Also, when I raced against Doug coulter last year , he's on fawaz's 05 r1 , that bike has cams and headwork and mine pulled a bike length on the straight. Which was nice cause he's an animal on the brakes

Ya all dynos read different , maybe less maybe more I didn't care about the numbers my bike made only the tune.

It wasn't a jab at your numbers, I was just commenting on the top bikes with less hp. Mine made ~170 on the natl Dyno without a tune/kit ecu/slipon. I'm sure your numbers a pretty realistic.

Go on the zx10 forum and everyone's making 190hp with a slipon and a flashed ecu lol.

Last edited:
Mine makes 156 stock lol - Old junk
I read the new rsv4 just made 197 whp stock! Damn

Mine makes 156 stock lol - Old junk

Ya well mine was suppose to be some great big monster too. Not that 170 is bad but it's far from what they said in the press. It'll probably put down an honest 175-180.

That's pretty decent for a cheaper fuel. We ran it in the 600 for two weekends and after looking at the $500 fuel bill after two weekends decided it wasn't worth it.

Is that because of the size of the pistons? 12.8/1 compression isn't much.

It's an air cooled big bore with single plug.Retired from the BOT series in the States.It will run fine on pump gas,but a long hard pull would eat the pistons.

There or ebay. I was sponsored by the company for years. All their stuff works great. And has proven results.

There or ebay. I was sponsored by the company for years. All their stuff works great. And has proven results.
Does it keep if it's mixed in a gas can? Do I need to drain the fuel after a race weekend?

Back
Top Bottom