Non Pump Fuel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Non Pump Fuel

CDN-GTR

Does anyone use anything other that standard pump gas in their track or race series bikes?
If so what do you use, and where do you get it?

If you don't need it, your wasting money. I used U4.4 for awhile because my bike was mapped for it when I purchased it. $200 a weekend in fuel and I would have gone faster putting a new rear tire on my bike instead.

I was buying it at Oshawa cycle salvage or the VP fuel distributor.

My neighbour gave me some left over MR12 to try last year. My bike burnt through it like candy, but oh damn did it make awesome power!! I had to remove my wideband o2 sensor because it can damage them, but other than that, I left everything the same as when I run Shell 91.

Mr12�� its like crack! Kennedymotorsports. Michelin dealer. Or pro6. Its not cheap. It is poison. It stinks up your garage and house and trailer. But when its that good at making hp. Its worth it. I think this year its $200 per 5gal

When we were done tuning , 9 hp over pump. However my engine has cams and thin head gasket. So it did really like the race fuel
When it was a Stock motor , the gains were only 3-4 hp but the throttle response was night and day over pump

This used to be my signature, but Paulo didn't like it.

Profuel in Sauga.I run 110 in my Ducati because it has 12.8/1 compression.It would detonate without it.

When we were done tuning , 9 hp over pump. However my engine has cams and thin head gasket. So it did really like the race fuel
When it was a Stock motor , the gains were only 3-4 hp but the throttle response was night and day over pump

That's pretty decent for a cheaper fuel. We ran it in the 600 for two weekends and after looking at the $500 fuel bill after two weekends decided it wasn't worth it.

Profuel in Sauga.I run 110 in my Ducati because it has 12.8/1 compression.It would detonate without it.

Is that because of the size of the pistons? 12.8/1 compression isn't much.

I'm afraid to try race gas in my bike. It was tuned for U4 (I think), but the mechanic I bought it from said it will run okay on pump gas, it'll just feel "soft". I'm afraid to try race gas because I'm pretty sure I'll really like it and then track time will cost twice as much. LOL

What HP are you running on that bike? 165?

I'm afraid to try race gas in my bike. It was tuned for U4 (I think), but the mechanic I bought it from said it will run okay on pump gas, it'll just feel "soft". I'm afraid to try race gas because I'm pretty sure I'll really like it and then track time will cost twice as much. LOL

Get a good pump tune.

Air-cooled engine ... and the bore size.

Makes sense.

What HP are you running on that bike? 165?

177 crank, 171 wheel
On race fuel

Is that stuff leaded/oxygenated?

This is interesting

http://www.klotzcanada.com/products/KL614.htm

He has been dyno tuning for 15 years , it was his educated guess based on years of experience building engines and dyno tuning
Obviously it's not 100 percent but seems 6 whp loss is around right with light weight rims

Back
Top Bottom