All day ride Apr 25th from Burlington/Oakville north to Port Carling way | GTAMotorcycle.com

All day ride Apr 25th from Burlington/Oakville north to Port Carling way

noodlemdn

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, so hopefully I won't break any rules... :)

The weather should be good this coming Saturday, and I've got the whole day put aside to head north and ride some good roads. I've been up around Bala, Port Carling and Rosseau in the past, and want to do so again.

I've got a 2013 Kawasaki Versys 1000 and I don't go too crazy, particularly as this will be the first time I'll have met anyone from this forum.

I was thinking of meeting at the Tim Hortons at 1240 Burloak Dr, say at 9 AM, and taking the 403, 401 then 400 north to Barrie, then HW 11 and find some good stuff from there. I'll have a GPS route planned but I'm happy to go with the flow. I'd like to be back for dinner with the family, say around 5 PM.

Anyone interested?

Mark

I very very strongly recommend you stay OFF Southwood Rd, Muskoka Rd 13. I was on it last Friday. It was covered in sand.

Thanks for the tip Matthew. Is that the condition of many of the roads up there or particular to 13?

13 is notorious for being in poor condition most of the year. The only other road I was on this year is Muskoka 38, between 400 and Southwood Rd. It seems pretty normal to me.

In Barrie now and stopped at a Sunset Grill for breakfast. 4 °C now and gets a little chilly after a while even with heated grips and hand guards. Nice to be out though.

In Barrie now and stopped at a Sunset Grill for breakfast. 4 °C now and gets a little chilly after a while even with heated grips and hand guards. Nice to be out though.
Still snow on ground there?

Lol no.

Back
Top Bottom