Anyone got 13mm valve shims I can buy/trade? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone got 13mm valve shims I can buy/trade?

drumstyx

Working on my KZ750, practically rebuilding the carbs, and of course I dug into the valves.

Unfortunately, some of the exhaust valves could use some new shims; most specifically, I need at least one 2.50-2.55mm shim, 13mm diameter.

I've gone ahead and ordered a hot cams kit that I'll just keep forever, but my carb parts just came in, and I'd really rather get her up and running this weekend.

So anyone have a kit, or know where I could buy single shims?

Working on my KZ750, practically rebuilding the carbs, and of course I dug into the valves.

Unfortunately, some of the exhaust valves could use some new shims; most specifically, I need at least one 2.50-2.55mm shim, 13mm diameter.

I've gone ahead and ordered a hot cams kit that I'll just keep forever, but my carb parts just came in, and I'd really rather get her up and running this weekend.

So anyone have a kit, or know where I could buy single shims?

A decent motorcycle repair place might be willing to help you out.

I was in a similar spot a while back. I just needed one or two shims for my GS500. I asked CycleWerx and the guys obviously had a massive bin of Suzuki shims. They were happy to sell me a few.

I know Ralph over at TO Cycle does shim swaps, which is totally fine, except that I live in Whitby, and Etobicoke is a pain in the arse to get to. Peterborough Cycle Salvage is pretty well the same distance (I'm sure they do swaps too, though I haven't called to check).

I'd just thought I'd ask to see if someone in the Scarborough/Central/Downtown Toronto area happened to have shims (I do work downtown, but I take the train, so getting to, say, TO Cycle is difficult)

Actually, I just checked, TO Cycle is a 6 minute walk from Long Branch station....maybe I'll just head there after work one day...

Back
Top Bottom