Scarborough go boom | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough go boom

Probably an assassination. Welcome to Scarborough, the home of organized crime. Take that montreal!

Damn. They just don't do the classics anymore, like leaving a body in a car at the airport.

I just watched that video, and it doesn't look like a nat gas explosion.

Sure it does.

[video=youtube;9LuGUBPl5z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuGUBPl5z8[/video]

Last edited:
I just watched that video, and it doesn't look like a nat gas explosion.

Looks exactly like a natural gas explosion. Size of the explosion depends on how long the leak goes before ignition. And yes, it can be ignited by a light switch, doorbell, garage door opener, hot water tank, furnace, and a million other things.

Looks exactly like a natural gas explosion. Size of the explosion depends on how long the leak goes before ignition. And yes, it can be ignited by a light switch, doorbell, garage door opener, hot water tank, furnace, and a million other things.
AWH, CHS yes, doorbell, light switch, garage door opener doubt it. I've argued this in my explosion investigation courses many times. Chances are so unlikely to be doorbell, garage door opener, or light switch

Last edited:
AWH, CHS yes, doorbell, light switch, garage door opener doubt it. I've argued this in my explosion investigation courses many times. Chances are so unlikely to be doorbell, garage door opener, or light switch

Yup, light switch can do it. Cheap or old light switches can spark when thrown. Example:

[video=youtube;Ocw6TZ5XVAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocw6TZ5XVAo[/video]

Yup, light switch can do it. Cheap or old light switches can spark when thrown. Example:

[video=youtube;Ocw6TZ5XVAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocw6TZ5XVAo[/video]
hate to say it, but they are wrong, that flash isn't a light, it's the initial explosion. It may be possible for a light switch to arc, but unlikely.

hate to say it, but they are wrong, that flash isn't a light, it's the initial explosion. It may be possible for a light switch to arc, but unlikely.

Watching the frame by frame playback the switch certainly appears to be the ignition point.

Switches arc. Since we are most likely dealing with AC current the amount of arc is dependent on the phase angle at the time of contact. Electronic switches can do zero voltage switching but wall switches aren't zero voltage.

You also need oxygen for ignition. If the mixture is rich enough nothing happens.

In the video you can see an explosion, but without any smoke or flame. An observation was made at the scene that there was very little charing of the wreckage.

This would indicate to me that the gas involved is more highly refined than natural gas, burning much quicker and cleaner.

The light you see is the initial explosion not a light turning on, look at it again, the light seems to shine too bright and lights the other room.

Yes, the light that I see is the initial explosion centred around the hand of the guy on the right, which is on the light switch.

However unlikely you think it may be, it is entirely possible. Many natural gas explosions are caused by exactly these types of things. Twenty years in the gas/propane industry and having responded to several hundred reported gas leaks, I've learned a thing or two.
Go and argue with your "classmates" in your explosion investigation courses. Lol

However unlikely you think it may be, it is entirely possible. Many natural gas explosions are caused by exactly these types of things. Twenty years in the gas/propane industry and having responded to several hundred reported gas leaks, I've learned a thing or two.
Go and argue with your "classmates" in your explosion investigation courses. Lol
Your are clueless. I've been in the gas trade for 25 years. No explosion's have been contributed to doorbells, light switches, most have been deliberate and a couple were due to contractor mistakes, which were ignited by pilot lights. I think you need to go back to gas school. Get your G1, then take investigation courses, you will realize you only knew a small percentage of how had really explodes.

Your are clueless. I've been in the gas trade for 25 years. No explosion's have been contributed to doorbells, light switches, most have been deliberate and a couple were due to contractor mistakes, which were ignited by pilot lights. I think you need to go back to gas school. Get your G1, then take investigation courses, you will realize you only knew a small percentage of how had really explodes.

Ummm yeah. You said it couldn't happen, I simply said it can. These things do I fact happen. So whatever, have your fun.

Ummm yeah. You said it couldn't happen, I simply said it can. These things do I fact happen. So whatever, have your fun.
Spoken like a true noob. That's the problem with techs today, they would rather argue then learn from experience. I'm hoping that TSSA sticks to it's plan to make gas a real trade with a 5 year apprenticeship. I believe it should include basic investigation learning as well.

stoichiometry: great word!

Spoken like a true noob. That's the problem with techs today, they would rather argue then learn from experience. I'm hoping that TSSA sticks to it's plan to make gas a real trade with a 5 year apprenticeship. I believe it should include basic investigation learning as well.

Well, pretty much done with you, your condescending know it all attitude, and your insults.
Have a nice day :)

A gas leak a few years back turned a strip mall near Bloor / Kipling into a pile of bricks. Looked like the London blitz.
It's funny this one was mentioned, I just received an email about this explosion. It will be 12 years on Friday that explosion happened.

Back
Top Bottom