I am screwed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I am screwed

Accident was with car but it seems like they take that into consideration

I have two tickets a 10 and 15 over tickets. The accident you have is it with a motorcycle or car?

When it comes to accidents your accidents follows vehicle, EX on a motorcycle you can't be rated for a accident that happened with your vehicle and vis versa.

Not sure why you are being dropped then if its only two minor tickets on your record. but Like I asked is the accidents with your bike or car?
Accident was with car but it seems that they take it into consideration as a fraction

Thank you all for all your comments. I think i am going to buy a bobber (different experience) to ride for the next two seasons and back on SS.

This is wrong. For your vehicles, it is an at-fault accident on your record no matter what you are driving or who pays. Maybe you are confused with when you get in an accident in your friends vehicle, it's their insurance that covers the claim, but you still get the at-fault accident on your insurance record.

Accidents are rateable for 6 years. I know Economical will only rate you for 5 years on a vehicle but they dont do motorcycle.

If you are being rated for motorcycle accident on another policy you can't being rated for it on another is what I was just advised.
I have done policies on bikes with 2 at fault claims against the policy holder on another policy policy which was with his truck and he did not get rated for it on his bike.

Majority of the high risk markets will only go back 6 years. Regular market companies ( AVIVA, INTACT, ETC ) " CAN " go back 10 years. From Personal experience I feel like depends on the underwriter you speak to.

OP. When I ran into this situation a few years ago Avi over at cornerstone insurance was able to help me. Don't know if he still handles this but someone there might be able to help. Worth a try. I think also if you let your motorcycle insurance lapse for a few years you will start at higher rates once you go back.

This is wrong. For your vehicles, it is an at-fault accident on your record no matter what you are driving or who pays. Maybe you are confused with when you get in an accident in your friends vehicle, it's their insurance that covers the claim, but you still get the at-fault accident on your insurance record.
With tdmm accidents go by vehicle.

I had an at fault accident in January, my Car is insured with TDMM and bike with Aviva. My renewal is coming up in 3 months, hopefully it wont affect it? Will update here once I receive my notice.

The company I work for we rate 6 years for accidents and 3 yrs convictions. We rate the driver not the vehicle. Regardless of what type of vehicle you driving bike or car an accident is an accident unfortunately and we do rate it.

Car accident can't be rated on motorcycle policies as far as I know, I never do, never got an application denied, traffic violation follows you anywhere you go, motorcycle, auto, ATV, Snowmobile, etc, etc.

I know a few years ago I had a claim for an at fault accident with a truck. When I decided to get into ATV'ing I was quoted a low rate. I was with RBC at the time and they advised vehicle accidents don't affect rates on ATV nor the other way around.

that my friend is true. accidents will not affect your ATV - as again its an off road vehicle - similar if you own a snowmobile. However any tickets that you have will affect the price for it. Motorcycle = ends up on public roads hence accidents will be rated (again this will vary upon which company).

I had an at fault accident in January, my Car is insured with TDMM and bike with Aviva. My renewal is coming up in 3 months, hopefully it wont affect it? Will update here once I receive my notice.

Coming back here with an update.

I had just called a few insurance companies for a quote on my bike.

It actually went down with the at fault accident on file.

I am currently with aviva under dalton timmis. I phoned DT and they found the lowest quote to still be aviva, which reduced by $300.

I called TDMM which I have my car/house insured with, and their quote was around another $300 decrease.

This leads me to believing that these two companies don't include at fault accidents in cars when quoting motorcycle insurance.

Back
Top Bottom