I am screwed | GTAMotorcycle.com

I am screwed

sam101

I guess I am screwed. With an accident in my record from 2011 and 2 speeding tickets from 2013 with my car (one 10 over and one 15 over). My car is with All state but bike with Statefarm. Statefarm sent me a letter 2 week ago stating they will be dropping me but I decided to cancel. I have been calling different companies but noone will insure me. I have been able to get few quotes but all between 3800-4200.That is insane cause that is half of the valueof the bike (CBR1000). Lol. I guess I won’t be riding for the next 2 seasons until thetickets come off. Sucks

if you want to keep riding, find a different class bike that won't hurt as much compared to an SS, or get a smaller bike.

Otherwise, that's the way it is. The accident will come off 6 years, and the tickets 3 years after conviction.
You could try calling a few brokers to see what they tell you, but the reality is the deck is stacked against you. It will be possible, just gonna have to pay more.

What about adjusting your coverage? remove collision? increase your deductible? see what works. Good luck.

You are screwed, glued, nailed down and paved over. However it was a very good move to cancel your insurance. It looks bad on your record when the insurance company cancels you.

Dropping to a lower performance bike might save money but will you be happy?

Also selling one bike and buying another only to reverse the procedure in a few years has costs as well. In the long run do the savings work out?

Sorry to hear bro. I'm guessing because State Farm got bought out by desjardins/ certas I'm guessing they pulled reports on you. At this time you will just have to hold out til 2016 once those tickets drop off

I have two tickets a 10 and 15 over tickets. The accident you have is it with a motorcycle or car?

When it comes to accidents your accidents follows vehicle, EX on a motorcycle you can't be rated for a accident that happened with your vehicle and vis versa.

Not sure why you are being dropped then if its only two minor tickets on your record. but Like I asked is the accidents with your bike or car?

When it comes to accidents your accidents follows vehicle, EX on a motorcycle you can't be rated for a accident that happened with your vehicle and vis versa.

This is wrong. For your vehicles, it is an at-fault accident on your record no matter what you are driving or who pays. Maybe you are confused with when you get in an accident in your friends vehicle, it's their insurance that covers the claim, but you still get the at-fault accident on your insurance record.

Re:Facility Insurance is insurance of last resort

The insurer of last resort is Facility insurance, who should insure you when no one else wants to give you insurance. I have no doubt that rates will be high, but at least you can be legal. It is possible that your high quotes are from Facility already.

http://www.facilityassociation.com/index.asp

The Facility Association is an entity established by the automobile insurance industry to ensure that automobile insurance is available to all owners and licensed drivers of motor vehicles where such owners or drivers are unable to obtain automobile insurance through the voluntary insurance market

This is wrong. For your vehicles, it is an at-fault accident on your record no matter what you are driving or who pays. Maybe you are confused with when you get in an accident in your friends vehicle, it's their insurance that covers the claim, but you still get the at-fault accident on your insurance record.

Depends who you insure with. Some insurance companies don't look at your driving record with a car. So any accidents you get in with a car they don't care about only speeding tickets factor in.

Depends who you insure with. Some insurance companies don't look at your driving record with a car. So any accidents you get in with a car they don't care about only speeding tickets factor in.

This reqiures validation.

^^ Painful information.
Do you have a separate driver's license while driving a car........ and a separate driver's license for riding a motorcycle?
How about a pick up truck? Need a separate license for that too?
C'mon man.
Ins looks up your record by searching your Driver's License! Not what you were commandeering in a mishap.

Cbr 1000 is fast enough to outrun the cops. Just ride without plates and don't stop for anyone.

Or you can downgrade to a cbr 125.

^^ Painful information.
Do you have a separate driver's license while driving a car........ and a separate driver's license for riding a motorcycle?
How about a pick up truck? Need a separate license for that too?
C'mon man.
Ins looks up your record by searching your Driver's License! Not what you were commandeering in a mishap.

I'll clarify. Of course the record is the same, there's only one. But when they give you a quote some don't ding you for what happened in a car. I called around, state farm gave me a larger quote because of my car accident while others didn't take it into account. Speeding tickets seem to apply period, but if the accident was in a car and not on a motorcycle, again depending who you are with, they may not care.

Last edited:
I'll clarify. Of course the record is the same, there's only one. But when they give you a quote some don't ding you for what happened in a car. I called around, state farm gave me a larger quote because of my car accident while others didn't take it into account. Speeding tickets seem to apply period, but if the accident was in a car and not on a motorcycle, again depending who you are with, they may not care.

This is still totally inaccurate. As well as the window of 6 years as per another poster.

TD, I can tell you from personal experience, can go back as far as 10 years for accidents. In a car. 100% truth. 6 years was for tickets, with TD. Every insurance company is different, I bet you will find... either way that litre bike is a track bike now. Besides, they are no fun on the street (where we live)

When I asked TD about that they said it's for record keeping purposes, and speeding tickets still "fall off" after 3 years.

When I asked TD about that they said it's for record keeping purposes, and speeding tickets still "fall off" after 3 years.

You should take a look at the sheet with the boxes for offences and accidents on it... I have had my policy for 3 years now so it will be hard for me to dig up, but I can assure you it's 10... my last accident was on my insurance for exactly 4 months in the first year of my policy... and it was 10 years that year. I will try to dig it up and post a picture, if I can find it.

Also they can look at your whole record, but they 'only' look at the previous 3 for tickets, and previous 6 for accidents.

These are all the minimums and vary by company. A good broker should be able to help you out when you have a 'complicated' driving history.

Back
Top Bottom