Not a lot of hope, but maybe someone saw this guy's GoPro get stolen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not a lot of hope, but maybe someone saw this guy's GoPro get stolen?

Rob MacLennan

Site Supporter
"Today someone stole my Gopro Hero 3 that my wife bought for my birthday a year ago. It was stolen off my motorcycle this afternoon, Sunday April 19 at 3:00 pm at Guild Inn in Scarborough. I believe it was a group of teens on bicycles when I was away from my bike for about 2 minutes. I just want it back and will appreciate any info about it. The battery was dead but it had motorcycle footage on it from today. It had the handlebar grip attached and the entire unit was taken including a 32 gb card. Hope the Imgur community can help!"

http://imgur.com/gallery/CDLGfEu

Unfortunate. I've changed from a GoPro to a Virb recently but I was always concerned about it being taken off my bike. Always removed it and put it away in a pocket whenever I got off the bike. Just invested in some lockable RAM mount hardware for my GPS which is fixed onto the mount via security torx screws. Not foolproof and if anyone wants it then some brute force will take it, but it's better than nothing. The GoPro's housing is a weak point for theft as you can't use the camera on it's own.

My cameras also go with me, when I leave the bike. Rather interestingly this request got to me by way of Seattle, WA, rather than anyone local.

Back
Top Bottom