New rider from Scarborough | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider from Scarborough

zaltec

Hi all,

Did my M2 course with RTI last spring, but due to a trip to Prague last summer, my bike purchase had to be put on hold. Spent last year collecting gear whenever I could find a good sale, and keeping note of bike prices.

After liking their offerings at the Feb bike show, and comparing gas (I'll be commuting and making longer rides), insurance and purchase price, last month I finally got my hands on a mint shape 2009 Hyosung GV250 Aquila. Doesn't seem to be a big "fan favourite" on the boards here, but it's a great looking bike, insurance is substantially cheaper than the Vulcan 500 and V-Star 650s I was also looking at (at least for a first-time rider), and it has great gas mileage. Was a little worried about it being under-powered for me (6', 215lbs), but the take-off isn't too bad, mid-end seems alright, and I've had it up to passing speeds on the 401. Should last me until insurance rates on a bigger bike drop!

So far the only issue I've had with riding has been the wind; part of that is because of our really gusty weather right now, but I'm also noticing it when at highway speeds... I really feel it on my full-face helmet especially when doing shoulder checks. I'm assuming this is just inexperience and paranoia, but any suggestions on dealing with it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Back
Top Bottom