Costco and Hearsmart Solutions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Costco and Hearsmart Solutions

woodgo

In-Ear Monitors. Costco and Hearsmart Solutions

Had a guy at work introduce me to riding with a bluetooth device for listening to music, bike to bike comms and taking/making a call with the helmet on. This was awesome for last year as I was on a quiet bike. However, this year I have an obnoxiously loud steed and the internal helmet speakers weren't cutting it anymore.

I started exploring getting in ear monitors to hook into the helmet's Bluetooth device so i could have killer sound while blocking all the excess noise but products like ultimate ears carry a $650US starting price tag and you need to get molds made by an audiologist to send them which can cost $200 more for a total closing $1000.

After much looking online I found a company called Hearsmart Solutions https://www.hearsmartsolutions.com/
Their in-ear monitors were half the price and they are in BC so no exchange rate or duties to pay. Only problem was no real reviews. I decided to roll the dice and order some. I was just going to get the single driver IEMs but he offered me a discount for ordering dual driver IEMs so I got those (this seems to be a good strategy for getting him to offer you a deal). After a couple weeks of use all I can say is "wow" these are awesome. Super comfortable in and out of the helmet, because of the sound isolation I hear things in my music I have never heard there before. Disappointed I rode for so long with such inferior alternatives.

Since the Costco by my house has a hearing center I stopped in to ask about getting ear molds made to send off for these IEMs. I was pleasantly surprised to be told that ear molds are free for Costco members even if you are ordering your hearing products from somewhere else, they even do free hearing tests if you want a baseline. So after getting my free molds I mailed them off to Hearsmart Solutions in BC (Costco even gave me a little postal service friendly box to send them in).

Two weeks later I had my IEMs. Snow was still on the ground so I broke them in at work listening to music. Once the roads cleared up I started using them on the bike and have nothing but positive reviews. I've sold three other guys at work on these and they have been equally blown away by the performance of these in a helmet. One of my coworkers also got earplugs made for sleeping by these guys and is equally impressed with those.

So if you're looking for a product like this the combination of these guys and Costco won't be beat. Make sure to tell them Travis from Ottawa sent you and maybe I can leverage myself a deal when I need a new pair :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom