track suit shopping | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

track suit shopping

Ok thanks. Might have to be a two step process for me. I'm unable to put on the suit with my BP on so I might have to try and stretch the suit without it first.
If you can't get the BP on at all,,,,,it's too small. It won't stretch that much unless you soak it and wear it for a week and even then that will be questionable.

I rented the Joe Rocket suit in a size 44 when I took FAST. It felt pretty loose in the sides and it gave me a sick wedgie/hunchback due to the cut/sizing (I believe I've invented the male camel toe lol). But overall it was fine in all other respects. I'm approx 5' 8-9", 190+ lbs with a short inseam around 28" or so.

I now have a AGVSport Willow 1 pc also in a size 44 and it fits great. I think the limbs are a bit long but not really sure what the ideal length is. Personally, I just don't want it bunching up under my gloves/boots so I'll have to find a place to have it hemmed.

I rented the Joe Rocket suit in a size 44 when I took FAST. It felt pretty loose in the sides and it gave me a sick wedgie/hunchback due to the cut/sizing (I believe I've invented the male camel toe lol). But overall it was fine in all other respects. I'm approx 5' 8-9", 190+ lbs with a short inseam around 28" or so.

I now have a AGVSport Willow 1 pc also in a size 44 and it fits great. I think the limbs are a bit long but not really sure what the ideal length is. Personally, I just don't want it bunching up under my gloves/boots so I'll have to find a place to have it hemmed.

Not so easy. first figure if the sleeve is long below the elbow or about the elbow. Or does you armour fit right or hang below the elbow. When you do get it "Hemmed" it has to be fit. Otherwise the sleeve will slide up past your elbow in a crash and you do not want to see that. So the zipper is removed and then the suit is fit and all put back together. Or the suit is altered above the elbow,,usually not possible.Wish it was just a "Hem"

Not so easy. first figure if the sleeve is long below the elbow or about the elbow. Or does you armour fit right or hang below the elbow. When you do get it "Hemmed" it has to be fit. Otherwise the sleeve will slide up past your elbow in a crash and you do not want to see that. So the zipper is removed and then the suit is fit and all put back together. Or the suit is altered above the elbow,,usually not possible.Wish it was just a "Hem"

Luckily the elbow and knee armor feel like they're in the right place. Granted, I don't have much experience with this but it seems right to me. It's just the cuffs that seem to extend pretty far causing a lot of bunching under my gloves and boots. This is particularly annoying with the gloves because it inhibits my wrist movement somewhat. Good point about the fitted hem though, thanks.

I forgot that you do leather alterations. What would a job like this cost given what I've stated above?

Luckily the elbow and knee armor feel like they're in the right place. Granted, I don't have much experience with this but it seems right to me. It's just the cuffs that seem to extend pretty far causing a lot of bunching under my gloves and boots. This is particularly annoying with the gloves because it inhibits my wrist movement somewhat. Good point about the fitted hem though, thanks.

I forgot that you do leather alterations. What would a job like this cost given what I've stated above?

It all depends on the suit and whether it's an overnight job or I have a few hours (it's that time of year) But on average $75+ to remove the zipper and reinstal it and taper the sleeve to the original size. Things that can affect the cost are liner types and what type of stuff they put on the cuff. Some suits have everything these days so it can get a bit crazy.

It all depends on the suit and whether it's an overnight job or I have a few hours (it's that time of year) But on average $75+ to remove the zipper and reinstal it and taper the sleeve to the original size. Things that can affect the cost are liner types and what type of stuff they put on the cuff. Some suits have everything these days so it can get a bit crazy.

That sounds reasonable, thanks. I'll give you a shout soon as I have time to bring it over!

It sure feels weird sitting in my family room, wet, in full leathers. I think I'll throw my helmet on, fire up the PS3 and play SBK.

Eating dinner was an awful experience. 3 solid hours unable to stand up properly was probably the least fun I've had in awhile. The suit was still damp this morning when I checked it (padding under the leather retained the water) so I'll have to put it back on again tonight, hopefully it's not fully dry when I get home or shrunk at all.

If you can't get the BP on at all,,,,,it's too small. It won't stretch that much unless you soak it and wear it for a week and even then that will be questionable.

Ended up getting the 52. Sure there's added material in some parts, and the knee area is slightly loose, but I can fit a BP and CP comfortably!

Shrinkage

This used to be my signature, but Chad didn't like it.

I can't afford any shrinkage!

lator, you'll always have a bit of extra material in some places. You can't compare how a suit fits you to what it looks like on moto gp riders. As long as it's not baggy and fits comfortably while in a riding position that's all you can ask for.

Back
Top Bottom