CBC Sex-Ed Curriculum Debate | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBC Sex-Ed Curriculum Debate

Do we forget what it's like to have your parents intervene on your behalf at school? That's not the kind of attention anyone wants. That's worse than being seen with your parents in public. Kind of a big deal at that age.

True, but, and this is a big BUT, in this school the kids going to these classes will be the exception.

What is happening, in the end they will be sent to a school that will teach really screwed up fundamentalist stuff because the new curriculum pushes the envelope too far for the parents. The result is the stuff that we debate in other threads...

I have only small issues with the new curriculum, but the kids that really need the hear it won't be in these classes....

The curriculum teaches "homosexual sex is a natural and moral act"

Thats the legal, practical and scientific reality of the situation. If you want to teach the facts then you will still be teaching that some people have same sex attractions and that those relations are legal in this country.

Parents are still free to teach what they will at home about this and opt out of the class

Last edited:
It's pretty difficult not to interpret cbcanada's comments as homophobic. Although it is a free country, I believe even cbcanada's speech should be protected.

We're all tired of the "think of the children" propaganda. We heard it for alcohol in convenience stores, speed limits, marijuana legalization, WiFi in schools (causes cancer).

This is exactly the type of propaganda that kickstarted Prop 8 in California. This whole morality was complete and utter ********. They went all the way to the supreme court, but couldn't spout their 'think of the children' garbage to the supreme court justices.

Watch the HBO Documentary 'The Case Against 8'

[video=youtube;yyyQu-uZ4ZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ZN2a-KWZw[/video]

I want my tax dollars going towards Public Schools where you learn facts; fairy tales, bigotry, discrimination and imaginary friends are reserved for Sunday School.

Prop 8 Propaganda

https://youtu.be/wEFh7vdANa8
https://youtu.be/U8j2y9WtTPw
https://youtu.be/KFFwBokHVfo
https://youtu.be/Y4nqtDrJI7A
https://youtu.be/75J3TN9Zzck

Last edited:
But, many kids will be taught the morality of their bigoted parents in some cases. The sex Ed curriculum represents the cultural and moral norm of a country.

For example:
Not everyone believes that master bastion is normal and not amoral, but most do.
Not everyone believes that homosexuality is normal, natural, and not amoral, but most do.

No you are right also but.. Atleast we have a mixture of ideas an philosophy for good and bad that creates a balance..

My point is .. The dangers of a chosen few I'm a board room deciding what is moral and teaching it as facts in school.

What's to stop them from teaching a race of people as immoral or standing up against the government as immoral down the line..

I think this is a line we cannot cross.. We cannot teach morality in a place reserved for facts...

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Thats the legal, practical and scientific reality of the situation. If you want to teach the facts then you will still be teaching that some people have same sex attractions and that those relations are legal in this country.

Parents are still free to teach what they will at home about this and opt out of the class

It maybe legal, it maybe practical. These are ideological points.. Which is fine... It is not scientific however,, it cannot be .

The school must teach facts in this case it can teach this is a legal and practical behaviour but I cannot add moral.

It is for an individual to take all inputs in life including school parents TV etc. and come up with their own ideology of what is right or wrong..

It's pretty difficult not to interpret cbcanada's comments as homophobic. Although it is a free country, I believe even cbcanada's speech should be protected.

We're all tired of the "think of the children" propaganda. We heard it for alcohol in convenience stores, speed limits, marijuana legalization, WiFi in schools (causes cancer).

This is exactly the type of propaganda that kickstarted Prop 8 in California. This whole morality was complete and utter ********. They went all the way to the supreme court, but couldn't spout their 'think of the children' garbage to the supreme court justices.

Watch the HBO Documentary 'The Case Against 8'

[video=youtube;yyyQu-uZ4ZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ZN2a-KWZw[/video]

I want my tax dollars going towards Public Schools where you learn facts; fairy tales, bigotry, discrimination and imaginary friends are reserved for Sunday School.

Prop 8 Propaganda

https://youtu.be/wEFh7vdANa8
https://youtu.be/U8j2y9WtTPw
https://youtu.be/KFFwBokHVfo
https://youtu.be/Y4nqtDrJI7A
https://youtu.be/75J3TN9Zzck

This Is is no different then teaching religion in school.. Basically it's one groups ideology being thought as "moral".. Cannot teach ideology in school. Stick to science and health

You are right keep religion in Sunday school and keep teaching ideas of what is moral or not in some other school but not in public schools

There is absolutely nothing homophobic about what I wrote.. The thought honestly did not cross my mind.. I believe in freedom of thought... I am against moves by the government that take away our freedom in action (bill c51) and in thought. Teaching children "morality" is wrong regardless of topic.. .. There is no place for it in school because basically we are pushing the ideas and beliefs of one party and teaching as "moral" it opens the door for a lot of other issues

Next could be telling children that coming on Gta motorcycle and discussing the decision of of the government to be an immoral act.

You get what I mean?

Since you used quotation marks.... cite your source please. I'd like to read this in the context of the curriculum.

Caboose you are missing my point. I am not debating the context..

Okay here read this

6a1fb6a66b3c151b257910cd2f15d797.jpg

This is not fact or science, this is a groups idea based on their life style of living. This is for all intents and purposes their "religion" being thought in school

In reality this is a religion.. A thought of ideas that have no real scientific background and being thought as fact..

Then let's teach Hindu beliefs in school, Muslim beliefs, Christian thoughts,,, atheists beliefs etc.. Why not? They have the right just as much..

Teaching a certain groups ideas as facts is same as teaching religion.. Accepts religion has the religion tag on it. This is no different.

We can reach acceptance tolerance and equality without teaching the beliefs of the "homosexual religion" as a scientific fact.

99% of the time I disagree with Coren, but damn he roasted this guy with common sense and reason

Okay here read this

This is not fact or science, this is a groups idea based on their life style of living. This is for all intents and purposes their "religion" being thought in school

In reality this is a religion.. A thought of ideas that have no real scientific background and being thought as fact..

Then let's teach Hindu beliefs in school, Muslim beliefs, Christian thoughts,,, atheists beliefs etc.. Why not? They have the right just as much..

Teaching a certain groups ideas as facts is same as teaching religion.. Accepts religion has the religion tag on it. This is no different.

We can reach acceptance tolerance and equality without teaching the beliefs of the "homosexual religion" as a scientific fact.

Still shocked there are people like this around.

Okay here read this

Lol thats a bad example to use, I'm pretty sure that "gender identity" as stated above is accepted fact. Or have I been lied to all these years? Possible I guess, facts are changing all the time as new "studies" come out.

Wow.. That whole short quoted statement Cbcanada quoted was all fact, with no morality spin whatsoever. How can he see one? I guess its years of blind biggotry that religion instills.

Ban religion. Problem solved.

You made a statement and I'm challenging it. You stated that the new curriculum states that homosexuality is a moral act (using quotation marks).

Show me where that is described in the new curriculum.

Defend your statement or retract it.

That's how debates work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys what are you talking about? And the comment "there is guys like this around" Keller?

I see all of you guys roasting people on religion boards and now you are ALL Hippocrates..

Ok you want facts and equality here you go.

1. Teach acceptance of homosexuals along with all others.
2. Teach equality amongst all.

Otherwise

1. Proove scientifically that any gender aside from male and female exist
2. Proove scientifically gender fluidity exists
3. Prove points 1 n 2 with scientific facts not based on "this is accepted now" people are doing it. Its normal
4. If you cannot prove it, then don't teach it.
5. If you cannot prove it and insist on teaching it.. Then you allow every other practiced life style to be thought in school as well.. Sharia law, Mormon law, anarchy law, Hindu law, Homer Simpson law..

You cannot teach non scientific life style beliefs in school. And pick and chose.. If you do one you do all..

This is my point.. But you are all jumping on me based on the gay issue..

Better stop teaching Art then too. And social sciences. No more political science either.

Can't teach anything that can't be scientifically proven. Lol.

This guy is something else.

You made a statement and I'm challenging it. You stated that the new curriculum states that homosexuality is a moral act (using quotation marks).

Show me where that is described in the new curriculum.

Defend your statement or retract it.

That's how debates work.

This is not a debate on a statement..it's a debate on human rights.. I really dont
care what the topic or subject is...
It's not about gay sex Ed. If you read my posts you will seem my concern is over a precedent being set where children be thought ideologies

From a laypersons perspective I'm given to understand gender identity comes from inside the brain. Is it not possible to be born with physical attributes of one gender and the internal wiring of another? All the people "struggling" with this conflict are lying? For what reason?

It's not about human rights. It's about you being utterly clueless.

Better stop teaching Art then too. And social sciences. No more political science either.

Can't teach anything that can't be scientifically proven. Lol.

This guy is something else.

Art is art.. It's not science
Political science is a debate of arguments. (Thought in university btw)
What do you classify the teaching of non proven facts as?

The next time all of you are posting on an anti religious or anti culture , "love it or leave it canada" threads just be very clear that you are being Hippocrates

Read my thread #34

It's as simple as that.. It's about human rights. Nothing to do with the context

Back
Top Bottom