Motorcycling Training | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycling Training

dhooooo

Hi all, I just have a question about training. I started riding in July last year, I took the 3 hour course introduction to motorcycling at Centennial College. This is the course that teaches you how to ride without having an M1. I learned how to go, stop, a little bit of hard stopping, not fully emergency stop, downshift and gear braking.

After the course, I bought a 250cc and have been riding since and got my M2 2 months after.

My question is... will it be good enough to take the Motorcycling Refresher Course CEMO-804 ($110) instead of the full Motorcycle Training Course ($495) since I have my M2 already and Im not fully a beginner.

I have also been riding on highway since last year.

Only reason I want to take the training is because I do not know to lean when I turn, usually I slow down a lot and my bike is still upright. Also I want to learn how to emergency brake as I have a bike that does not have ABS. The reason why I do not want to take the full course is because I passed my M2 already, the cost of the course is high and it is hard to get days off from work for the course.

Let me know what you think. Looking to hear from people who took any of the course or both.

Thank you

Last edited:
After the course, I bought a 25cc and have been riding since and got my M2 2 months after.

I have also riding on highway since last year.

Thank you

I'd start by getting a bigger bike!

Then, if you don't lean into turns or know how to emergency brake you definitely need more training. Perhaps the Total Control course with Sharp? Or call various schools (RTI?) and tell them the above. They will steer you in the right direction, at the appropriate angle.

IMHO you should seek private lessons as you have a specific skill set you feel is lacking and private lessons would be easier to schedule around your time restrictions as well as being able to focus on the specifics you want to learn. You may also find that once an instructor sees you ride there could be other issues causing your inability to lean etc. I know Motorsoul provides private lessons, not sure about cost etc., there may be other schools that offer private lessons as well that are closer to you.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Motorsoul in any way.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Maybe 1 on 1 training session will do you better? I dont think any school will turn you down for whatever course you need provided that you meet the requirements (m1/m2).

You should have taken the full course last year after the intro course. But since you didn't then take it now. There is so much you need to learn. The more tools that you have at your disposal the better equipped you will be on the street

I agree with motorcycle girl take the full course. You are missing a lot of skills that a refresher course does not teach. If you can't take turns at speed so you don't know how to push steer which also means you can't do an emergency swerve if you need to. You have not learned the techniques for proper threshold emergency braking (straight line or in a curve) and I am sure you have limited slow speed control. Take the full course you won't regret it!

if you don't have the skills, you don't have the skills. Get them started by taking the full course.

I think you mean a 250 cc bike, don't you?

The problem with the full course is that you won't get to Curves and progressive braking until really late on the first day and early on the second one. The second afternoon is devoted to the test, but you already have an M2.

If if the refresher has more individualized instruction, then it might be the way to go. Otherwise, check the private lesson prices where you're looking and compare. Many places have private lessons.

Thanks all for the responses. I will look into taking private lessons and if the price difference isn't that much from the full training course, I may just take that then.

Back
Top Bottom