Hi-Visibility Fans! Do you rock it or do you not? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi-Visibility Fans! Do you rock it or do you not?

You must go to all the high vis concerts.

I rock hi-viz everyday! Tshirt, sweater/hoodie, you name it. Mandatory where I work.
Seriously tho, considering hi vis for my next helmet. I ride an upright bike, my head is the most visible part, hi vis helmet seems to make sense.
Edit:
Just pictured a hi vis helmet on my candy lime versys...:(

I have a serious reply. I bought a hi-vis vest two years ago and I wear it every time I ride. It has a bunch of pockets, so it's handy. I wear it over one piece leathers even when I am out on weekend rides. If some day it helps some one find me in a ditch or makes someone notice me approaching an intersection, that's a bonus. If you ride for more than a couple or five years, being cool becomes less important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rock an Olympia oddyssey one piece high viz monday to Thursday over my dress clothes. On casual Friday's I poser it up with Dainese leather jacket, arai helmet and jeans. :)

we love riding, we my as well look good doing it!

Yes hi-vis jacket every day. I commute on the bike and noticed a difference wearing it.

Wore my new hi-viz jacket last Sunday and hopefully it will add a level of safety.

However it did not stop a HD rider from passing me in my lane between me and the shoulder as I slowed for a turning vehicle in front of me.

I have a high vis orange backpack that I often have and my rain gear is orange high vis jacket.

I ride around with my bright on too.

I buy all Hi-Viz stuff that way when something does happen you have the right to punch people in the face and say "How the hell did you not see me???? I'm a gigantic highlighter"

How's this?

80-image_9fef6f8928736cdaf07fa8786a2a2dc01be6220c.jpg

Last edited:
I like high viz and reflective gear. There is no real downside to wearing it if you also like the way it looks.

I have a high viz rain suit. The rest of the time I wear black or brown leather. I was thinking of getting some reflective strips for my jacket, just haven't got around to it. They have LED jackets you can buy. Kind of cheesy though.

Does lots of reflective stripes on my gear and bike count? I put a lot of it on so I'm visible at night.

An alternate way, though not as conspicuous as marketed Hi-Vis gear, is to get those jogger armbands or clips they sell at most stores. You can clip or strap those on to anything.

Last edited:
Rocking a High-Viz Arai RX-Q helmet. Thinking about adding more High Viz to my gear collection though.

I have a serious reply. I bought a hi-vis vest two years ago and I wear it every time I ride. It has a bunch of pockets, so it's handy. I wear it over one piece leathers even when I am out on weekend rides. If some day it helps some one find me in a ditch or makes someone notice me approaching an intersection, that's a bonus. If you ride for more than a couple or five years, being cool becomes less important.
+1
I have seen people act different since I bought and use my hi-vis

afxfx55_hi_vis_helmet_detail.jpg

Icon_Patrol_Waterproof_Jacket_listing.jpg

I found myself at dusk, in light rain and fog on a dark grey bike, black rain gear and helmet and realized to drivers I was a ghost. Just about invisible to other drivers.

Went home and bought the Icon jacket the next day.
Got a white Bell later and then the hi-viz AFX-55 recently once I saw how effective buddies was.

I wear an Olympia hi-viz jacket and white Shoei helmet. It's not consistent with a cool cafe look when I'm on the Moto Guzzi but I don't care. One funny experience I had when I was once riding the BMW with the hi-viz was a couple who thought I was a parking officer and started asking me questions about the legality of parking their car on the street. Had to disappoint them by saying I wasn't a police officer.

Back
Top Bottom