People in Whitby don't know how to drive! | GTAMotorcycle.com

People in Whitby don't know how to drive!

TSquared

All day yesterday people all day don't seem to know how to drive. Almost got hit at least 12 times. Was riding dt Whitby regular speed on the right lane and someone ahead of me on the left lane took a right turn into a parking spot and cut me off.

Come on Whitby! I expect this kind of behavior in Scarborough, but not Whitby!

Remember forks to ride defensively, especially when you are near cars. That's why I tend to burst fast away from cars to avoid being hit by people not paying attention.

Check the plates next time. Maybe has Scarborough plates?

Yesterday while going for lunch the one thing I noticed more than ANYTHING.. distracted drivers on the cell phones. EVERY single car that was driving erratically I pulled next to them and they were ALL checking their phones or texting someone.. I can't believe people do this when driving..

Me too.. two close calls yesterday LOL......

Yesterday while going for lunch the one thing I noticed more than ANYTHING.. distracted drivers on the cell phones. EVERY single car that was driving erratically I pulled next to them and they were ALL checking their phones or texting someone.. I can't believe people do this when driving..

I'm really enjoying the outrage associated with this. It was only a few short years ago, on this very site, when you'd be the odd man out denouncing use of cell phone while driving. "If you can't steer and text simultaneously maybe you should just walk"

That's why I stay as far as I can from cars. Stay within the open space of the road. But still people making left at stop light almost took me out yesterday too, and my bike is bright colors as well as my outfit. No clue why they can't see me coming, especially with my loud *** exhaust. It's not like I'm speeding through the intersection either. That's one thing I never do, I always slow down in intersections incase the driver decides to pull infront of me, which had happen at least 3 times. And to make it worse they stop right in front of me forcing me to go around them. If I was flying high speeds I would just ram into them

Last edited:
I read on the internet that maybe weaving slightly (moving headlight) as approaching intersection will draw attention of opposing drives. I keep forgetting to try that.

All day yesterday people all day don't seem to know how to drive. Almost got hit at least 12 times. .
You almost got hit 12 times in 3 blocks (Downtown Whitby)? Are you sure this wasn't Sant Andreas and "CJ" was following you?

Lived there for 12 years. Whitby/Oshawa are full of aggressive drivers, so I believe it...don't get me started on the condition of the roads (Whitby and Oshawa both). I hit a pothole on Simcoe N yesterday and it shook my fillings...

I read on the internet that maybe weaving slightly (moving headlight) as approaching intersection will draw attention of opposing drives. I keep forgetting to try that.
im getting the bikevis bullet installed to increase visibility, but later on ill be installing the podmod.
A modulator that makes it look like the light is flickering (kinda like the effect when you hit a slight bump) Enough to catch the eye but not to distract oncoming traffic.

You can also put those strobes used by bicyclists on your helmet. Those things work great.

Whitby, Scarborough, whatever, neither can go toe to toe with Markham. NEVER VENTURE INTO MARKHAM unless you're in a big huge truck. You wont make it out alive.

You can also put those strobes used by bicyclists on your helmet. Those things work great.

Whitby, Scarborough, whatever, neither can go toe to toe with Markham. NEVER VENTURE INTO MARKHAM unless you're in a big huge truck. You wont make it out alive.
I dont always go to markham.

But when i do. I take the 407 to get to my mechanic (which is coincidentally right next to speedworx)

Oh that is so damn annoying, makes the incoming traffic wonder if you are flickering your lights and takes the attention away from driving. That **** should be illegal
im getting the bikevis bullet installed to increase visibility, but later on ill be installing the podmod.
A modulator that makes it look like the light is flickering (kinda like the effect when you hit a slight bump) Enough to catch the eye but not to distract oncoming traffic.

But they see you.

Come on Whitby! I expect this kind of behavior in Scarborough, but not Whitby!

oh naw yew didunt...

7ccb501790ca2fad0fa2bc8880fcee27.jpg

Oh that is so damn annoying, makes the incoming traffic wonder if you are flickering your lights and takes the attention away from driving. That **** should be illegal

It is. I'm not going to search it, but it's the same as the tail light flashers.

Back
Top Bottom